AMI Community Grants
What’s up for grabs?
Neighbourly and AMI are giving away over $15,000 to community organisations around New Zealand.
A grand prize of $2500 for the organisation with the most votes overall
Five runner up prizes of $1000
Prizes of $1000 for the organisation with the most votes each week (five to be won!)
The AMI Crime & Safety Community Grant of $2500
PLUS - a $100 Prezzy® card up for grabs each week, just for voting (member prize)
Find out more about how to vote for organisations in your community - or how your organisation can get involved!
What’s the AMI Crime & Safety Community Grant and how do I apply?
AMI want to recognise one special cause, project, organisation or individual working hard in their community to help reduce crime, and/or make their community a safer place to live.
It's easy to apply: applicants just need to get in touch with the Neighbourly team, share details of their project/work and details of how they would spend $2500.
Here's what we need to know:
Name of Community Organisation, charity or cause
Website URL (optional)
What would you do with the funds? (maximum 500 words please)
Please note: all entries for the AMI Crime & Safety Community Grant will be shared with Neighbourly partner AMI. This will include applicant's name, email and phone number. The person submitting the application must be from the community organisation, project or cause on whose behalf they apply for funding.
How can I increase my votes?
Want to get more votes for your organisation? It's easy - all you need to do is spread the word! Here are a few things you can do to ensure your organisation is in with a chance to win a share of $15,000 in the AMI Community Grants campaign...
Tell everyone! Tell your members, networks and staff about AMI Community Grants and encourage them to vote for you. Make sure you lead them to your profile by sharing your profile's link (just open your page and copy and paste your link from the address/url bar).
Get social. Make a post on other social media sites (eg Facebook, Twitter) and encourage your members to vote for you. Again - share that link!
Stick it in a newsletter. Whether it's a printed publication or your weekly electronic newsletter - let the world know. If you need a Neighbourly logo or other imagery, just get in touch.
Use your email signature. Include your profile link - plus a few words eg Vote for us to receive an AMI Neighbourly Community Grant today!
Post on Neighbourly. Inform your community on how your organisation will use its winnings.
Make sure you remind your audience to vote for you every day until 19 February to increase your chance of winning!
Plus if you're doing awesome work in your community to help reduce crime, or make your neighbourhood a safer place to live, make sure you apply for the AMI Crime & Safety Community Grant.
How do I opt out of AMI Community Grant promotion?
Simply head to your organisation's profile page and click on the Opt-Out button. You can opt in again at any time by clicking the same button!
AMI Community Grants T&Cs
Last updated: 11 January 2016
Neighbourly and AMI are giving away $15,000 to community organisations registered with Neighbourly and $500 to Neighbourly members who vote in the AMI Community Grants promotion. The promotion is valid in New Zealand only.
The total prize pool is broken down as per the following:
One (1) grand prize of $2500 for the organisation with the most votes overall
Five (5) runner up prizes of $1000
Five (5) weekly prizes of $1000 for the organisation with the most votes
One (1) AMI Crime & Safety Community Grant of $2500
Five (5) $100 Prezzy® cards up for grabs, one card each week
The following terms and conditions set out the eligibility criteria, voting requirements, selection process and how funds will be distributed.
1. AMI Community Grants campaign runs from Monday 11 January 2016 to 3pm on Friday 19 February inclusive.
2. Eligible organisations using Neighbourly will be automatically entered into the AMI Community Grants promotion.
Organisations will be invited to opt out of the promotion - or can do so by opening their Neighbourly profile and selecting the 'Opt out' option.
Community Organisations must have a physical local presence or be directly benefiting the local community.
To participate in the AMI Crime & Safety Community Grant, information must be emailed to email@example.com including how this grant will allow the organisation, project or cause to deliver benefits to the local community.
3. The organisation with the most votes each week (12.01am Monday to 11.59pm Sunday) between 11 January and 19 February 2016 will receive $1000.
4. The organisation with the most total votes between Monday 11 January and 3pm Friday 19 February will be judged the overall winner and will receive $2500. The five (5) organisations with the most votes following the overall winner will each receive $1000.
5. The winner of the AMI Crime & Safety Community Grant ($2500) will be selected by an AMI panel.
6. The judges decision is final.
7. AMI and/or Neighbourly reserves the right to:
request further information about an applicant's eligibility in the promotion.
withdraw selection prior to payment if the applicant's eligibility for AMI Community Grants is in doubt or if the applicant and/or organisation is conducting themselves in a manner which is inconsistent with strong community values.
The AMI Crime & Safety Community Grant
8. This is open to any cause, project, organisation or individual doing work in the community to help reduce crime, and/or make their community a safer place to live. Applicants need to contact the Neighbourly team, share details of their project/work and details of how they would spend $2500.
All entries for the Crime & Safety Community Grant will be shared with Neighbourly partner AMI. This will include applicant's name, email and phone number.
The person submitting the application must be from the community organisation, project or cause on whose behalf they apply for funding.
Allocation and distribution of funds
9. The winning organisations will be determined by the number of votes received from Neighbourly members with the exception of the recipient of the AMI Crime & Safety Grant which will be selected by an AMI panel.
10. Weekly winners will be contacted via email and/or phone on Monday following the week’s voting closure. This prize can be won by each organisation once only.
Overall winner and runners up will be contacted via email and/or phone on Monday 25 January, 1 February, 8 February, 15 February and 22 February 2016. The winner of the AMI Crime & Safety Community Grant will be contacted on Monday 29 February 2016.
11. When the voting period closes, Neighbourly.co.nz will write a cheque to each group for their share of their relevant prize.
12. These cheques will be couriered or presented in person to the winning organisation at the close of the promotion.
13. Successful applicants must be available for reasonable promotional opportunities including media purposes.
Your information: collection, retention and use
AMI Community Grant Winners
15. Information will be used to advise successful applicants that they have been selected. Neighbourly may publish the names, description and location of each successful applicants and/or organisations on Neighbourly.co.nz, Neighbourly’s Facebook page, Neighbourly’s Twitter page, AMI channels including AMI Facebook page and customer newsletters and in any and all media outlets. Any other publication of the applicant's information will be subject to the applicant's consent.
16. Participation in the AMI Community Grants promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
17. All other costs associated with redeeming items are the responsibility, and at the cost of, the participant.
18. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special, or consequential loss or loss of profits) or damage or personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion or the acceptance or use of any redemption item (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, in which case it will be excluded to the minimum allowable by law.
19. The promoter is Neighbourly.co.nz, 8 Railway St, Auckland, New Zealand.
Who has won an AMI Community Grant in 2016?
A huge congratulations to our 2016 winners and a special thanks to everyone who voted for organisations in their community.
Overall Winner - $2500 (total votes)
St John Ambulance
$1000 Runner Up prizes (total votes)
Cat Rescue Christchurch
Life Flight Trust
$1000 Weekly Prizes (weekly votes)
St John Ambulance
Cat Rescue Christchurch
Upper Hutt Community Patrol
AMI Crime and Safety Grant
Awarded to Nelson Neighbourhood Support Junior programme