• The fleece of sheep has been used to make human clothing since the Stone Age.
• Wool flourishes where there is rain and sunshine. These two elements sustain the grassy fields that sheep graze on. Shearers shave off the wool every year before the weather gets too hot. Wool is the ultimate renewable fibre.
• Wool from about 61 sheep extend all the way from the earth to the moon.
• Wool may be made from mixtures of hair from sheep, alpaca, llama, camel, cashmere, mohair, angora, vicuna, yak, guanaco, beaver or otter. No animals are harmed in the harvesting of wool.
• Wool is flame-resistant. It will not melt and stick to your skin like synthetic fibres. Instead, wool will usually smoulder and extinguish itself when the source of the flame has been removed. The fibre of choice for casinos and airlines.
• The fastest recorded time to shear a sheep is 39.31 seconds by Hilton Barrett of Australia.
• Wool is composed of same protein that makes up the outer protective layer of your skin.
• Have you ever wondered why your wool socks withstand foot stench longer than cotton or synthetic socks? Wool is naturally mildew and mould resistant because it is a natural moisture repellent, MEANING LESS STINK. Wool also reduces dust mite activity (they do not like wool!).
• Over its lifetime, a sheep’s fleece will absorb approximately 30Kg of carbon dioxide.
Keep reading: www.curtainclean.co.nz...
Hello, I am looking to buy a cheapish sewing machine for my daughter for her Christmas present as she has been doing it at school alot and seems it's a new passion for her. I don't know much about sewing machines at all. Please enlighten me or if you have one for sale please message me.. Thanks so much :)
Excellent condition would make a great Christmas gift $15.00 message me if interested.
4 lovely story books excellent condition $15.00 the lot. Great stocking filler.message me if interested.