Wellington bus drivers are walking off the job tomorrow, taking strike action over pay and working conditions.
Members of the New Zealand Tramways and Public Passenger Transport Employee's Union voted 204-2 in favour of industrial action in a meeting last Wednesday.
Here's what you need to know:
- Strike action will start 4am, April 23 and will last 24 hours.
- There will be significant disruptions across the bus network, including service numbers: 2, 3 ,21, 22, 12, 12e, 13, 14, 18e, 20, 28, 30x, 31x, 33, 34, 34, 36,37,81, 83, 84, 85x, N2, N3, N8, and N88.
- Services run by rival operator Tranzurban will not be affected, including the number 1 and 7.
Wellington commuters are encouraged to keep up to date with the latest developments on Metlink's website.
Maidstone Max is reopening this Saturday 22 May 🤩🥳🙏🙌
To mark the completion of the project, we’re having a reopening event from 10am to 12pm.
Come along and enjoy the completely revamped park, with new features like:
🛹 State-of-the-art skate park
🏀 Half basketball court
🦊 Refurbished flying fox
🚴♂️ Pump track for scooters and bikes
🏖 Sand play
🎶 Musical play
There will also be food trucks, entertainment, games, promotions, and giveaways for everyone to enjoy 👶👧👦
See you there!
Please note - there will be a photographer onsite shooting photos and videos that may be used in our publications and promotional activity.
Notice is given of the following dog fees for the 2021 – 2022 year.
These fees include GST and are effective from 1 July 2021.
1. Dogs must be registered before they reach three  months of age.
2. From the age of three  months, fee rates are calculated proportionally for the year.
3. The fee for a ‘responsible owner’ represents a significant saving on the general registration fee. ‘Responsible owner’ status cannot be claimed if paying on or after 1 August 2021. Fee classes SO and SN will change to classes J or N at that time.
4. A classified dangerous dog is one that has been declared ‘dangerous.’
To find out more information regarding dog fees for the 2021 – 2022 year or to register your dog please visit UPPERHUTTCITY.COM/DOG-REGISTRATION
This should not be too hard. What is going on here?