With salad season coming up I thought I would give you a little information about the humble cucumber.
1. Contain B1, B2, B6, Folate, Vit C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Zinc.
2. Is a great pick-me-up when afternoon tiredness sets in.
3. Rubbing a slice of cucumber on the bathroom mirror stops it fogging up.
4. Place a few slices of cucumber in an aluminium can or dish to eliminate bugs, slugs and snails from gardens. They don't like the scent given off by the phytochemicals in the cucumber when it reacts with the aluminium.
5. Rub slices on skin to tighten it up. The phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen to firm up the outer layer reducing visibility of cellulite and wrinkles.
6. A slice of cucumber polishes shoes beautifully.
7. A slice of cucumber fixes squeaky hinges.
8. A slice of cucumber held on the roof of the mouth with tongue for 30 seconds will eliminate bad breath.
9. Rub a slice of cucumber on stainless steel benches, taps etc to eliminate tarnish.
10. Use the outside of the cucumber to rub on mistakes and erase ink, crayons and markers.
PM IF NEED TREES CUT DOWN OR BROKEN/BLOWN DOWN TREES TAKEN AWAY, FREE QUOTES, ETC...
Another year has nearly passed, and with every new one comes the chance to make new resolutions (or repeat your old ones). Whether it’s starting and sticking by a new fitness plan, saving to travel, or learning a new skill, do you have a New Year’s resolution? How good are you at sticking by it? Vote in the poll below.
6.2% Yes - I’m excited to implement it6.2% Complete
33.1% No - I never stick by them33.1% Complete
21.2% I haven’t thought about it yet21.2% Complete
39.5% I make goals throughout the year39.5% Complete
Hi Neighbours, One third of Auckland's bus services are cancelled today, with no end in sight to the suspension of NZBus drivers. If you want to get up to speed on what's going on. Read the story below :