Anybody know why the orion circling palmy?
I am on the research to find out who knows what about Nurse practitioners vs General practitioners?
Please comment on this post
Today is Strike for Climate Change and i believe that a number of businesses will take time out to support this. As a Council watcher for many years I would like to have some answers to some of the past issues that Council has been involved in and to have some answers as to their efficacy and costs.
1. Some years ago we were considered to have such low carbon emissions that we sold carbon credits, to a City in Japan. What was the money gained from those carbon credits used for? Why are we now considered to be a City in need of spending millions to get people on to bikes, when there is no evidence that people will get on a bike instead of investing in a hybrid or ecar.?
2. What happened to the methane recovery plant at the Awapuni land fill? Wasn't that supposed to become an income stream for the City?How much did it cost to set up and how much has the return been?
3. The green composting strategy. What has been the return on this so called green income stream to Councils and to ratepayers?
4. What has been the savings for ratepayers for the solar panels installed on the Council buildings?
5. What has been the reduction in BMI's for sedentary staff with the building of the staff gym, in the Council building?
6. What has been the use of the electric cycles that were purchased for Council staff to use? Got to say it is at least 2 years since I saw them on the roads.
I think ratepayers have been conned into paying for a number of projects that have not given an expected return, and I most certainly think the millions on changing College Street is a case in point. Once again poor planning, lack of fore thought and in my view, total lack of understanding of future proofing a sustainable community.