Water-saving tips to help you reduce your water use
- Water early morning or late evening to prevent 70% of water evaporating.
- Give your plants a good long soak twice a week rather than a short daily water. You will encourage deeper, healthier roots.
- Use a digital water timer with a rain sensor– it switches on only when needed.
- Use a cover to prevent evaporation and keep the water warm
- Keep your pool clean, wipe your feet before you jump in.
Play your part. We value wai in the Waikato.
For more water saving tips visit www.smartwater.org.nz/tips
As an organization dedicated to cultural, linguistic, religious and natural diversity, we’re deeply intent on making our multicultural communities feel more at home in Aotearoa New Zealand. So here’s a quick question on the history of migration for you.
Q: When do you think the first Non-Māori Non-European first set foot on Aotearoan shores?
60% 176960% Complete
25.7% 180225.7% Complete
2.9% 18402.9% Complete
5.7% 18675.7% Complete
5.7% 19055.7% Complete
Do you have strong links into your community? Can you represent a wide range of people? We want to hear from you.
We’re looking for people for our new Local Advisory Committees, who can offer insight into what matters to your community.
Nominate yourself or someone you know today.