NZ House & Garden House Tours are hitting the regions for 2020! Book your next summer weekend away now for a chance to step inside the pages of one of New Zealand’s favourite magazines! Join us for a day of indulgence visiting exquisite homes and gardens, all in support of Breast Cancer Foundation NZ. For the last eleven years, the magazine has handpicked five fabulous locations around the country and this time we are delighted to be heading to the Bay of Islands, Taupō, New Plymouth, Blenheim and Dunedin. For more information and to secure your tickets for an inspiring day out exploring, please visit our website.
An article I read in the local news today was headlined 'raising a future Eco-warrior', talking about parents raising their kids to be climate change activists.
Anyone see the problem with that? In case you don't, let me wax lyrical here for a bit.
1. Climate change is nonsense; none of the 'scientific research' the proponents recite has ever been published in a refereed scientific journal, nor has any of it survived international peer review.
2. There is no reliable, established metric for measuring this claim and no testing protocols that can be confirmed by independent sources.
3. The so called 'climate deniers' counter argument has some rather heavyweight contributors; most notably Dr Ivar Giaever, the winner of the 1973 Nobel Prize for Physics, who said "climate change is nothing but pseudo-science".
4. "Reduction of CO2 emissions" - CO2 is a harmless natural gas that is essential for life on this planet; plants cannot survive without it and the current levels in the atmosphere (300-400 ppm) are close to a starvation diet for vegetation. The less CO2 they get, the less Oxygen they produce.
4. The self-appointed leaders and spokespeople of this doomsayers cult have admitted openly that their ambitions have little to do with climate change:
"The climate crisis is not just about the environment. It's a crisis of human rights, of justice and of political will. Colonial, racist and Patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all."
- Greta Thunberg, the know-nothing brat currently being touted as an expert on the matter.
Notice the use of incredibly nebulous terms such as 'Patriachal'. 'Patriarchy' being the fictional, all-male secret society invented by militant feminists in attempt to lend credence to their 'us and them' mentality.
If only Greta were a lone, crazy loud mouth. She is not. The proponents themselves repeat all the same neo-Marxist talking points: the 'evil' of capitalism, wealth redistribution, insane taxes inflicted on the wealthy etc. ergo obviously the movement is Socialism is disguise.
Do your own thinking and DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.
I was given an e-gift card supplied by the Base (Kiwi Property) in Hamilton. Unfortunately this was accidentally lost, probably while visiting Auckland.
I reported this to the Base management with all the details of the lost card. By the time I reported it no-one else had used it and a stop was placed on the card so it couldn't be used.
Now Kiwi Property has $136.00 of mine, they know it is my money, but have advised that they are not obliged to and will not replace it, as per their terms and conditions for the card.
So basically if you have someone else property and won't give it back it is most often illegal. Kiwi Property are also short changing the business's at their malls by this policy.
How much money do business's selling gift cards which are lost, expired or unused get to keep from these windfalls?
The moral of this story is beware of purchasing gift cards as you may end up losing out and profiting the supplier.
14 Carrots. 2 Pumpkins. 3 Basil plants. 8 Romain Lettuces. 1 class of problems solvers. The Electric Garden is a revolutionary learning tool mixing the art of growing food with computer programming and digital technologies.
Find out more about teaching digital technology through gardening or donate to help all kiwi schools access this programme here.