There is one common reason that is accounting for one-quarter of all immediate failures of driving tests - out of the options below, what do you think is the common reason Kiwis don't pass the test? Vote in our poll.
Find out the answer here.
24.3% Failing to giveway24.3% Complete
15.3% Travelling above the speed limit15.3% Complete
21.2% Not stopping at stop sign21.2% Complete
39.2% Not checking blind spots/mirrors39.2% Complete
An article I read in the local news today was headlined 'raising a future Eco-warrior', talking about parents raising their kids to be climate change activists.
Anyone see the problem with that? In case you don't, let me wax lyrical here for a bit.
1. Climate change is nonsense; none of the 'scientific research' the proponents recite has ever been published in a refereed scientific journal, nor has any of it survived international peer review.
2. There is no reliable, established metric for measuring this claim and no testing protocols that can be confirmed by independent sources.
3. The so called 'climate deniers' counter argument has some rather heavyweight contributors; most notably Dr Ivar Giaever, the winner of the 1973 Nobel Prize for Physics, who said "climate change is nothing but pseudo-science".
4. "Reduction of CO2 emissions" - CO2 is a harmless natural gas that is essential for life on this planet; plants cannot survive without it and the current levels in the atmosphere (300-400 ppm) are close to a starvation diet for vegetation. The less CO2 they get, the less Oxygen they produce.
4. The self-appointed leaders and spokespeople of this doomsayers cult have admitted openly that their ambitions have little to do with climate change:
"The climate crisis is not just about the environment. It's a crisis of human rights, of justice and of political will. Colonial, racist and Patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all."
- Greta Thunberg, the know-nothing brat currently being touted as an expert on the matter.
Notice the use of incredibly nebulous terms such as 'Patriachal'. 'Patriarchy' being the fictional, all-male secret society invented by militant feminists in attempt to lend credence to their 'us and them' mentality.
If only Greta were a lone, crazy loud mouth. She is not. The proponents themselves repeat all the same neo-Marxist talking points: the 'evil' of capitalism, wealth redistribution, insane taxes inflicted on the wealthy etc. ergo obviously the movement is Socialism is disguise.
Do your own thinking and DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.
When in Italy I formed a liking for a particular beer brand. Countdown (probably) has the distribution rights. But whenever it comes on special it seems to be out of stock by the time I walk through their door...
Now this might be a case of the local manager not wanting to to wear the full cost of the discount by not buying much in, but it still feels like a "Baiting advertisement" to me. Have I just been really unlucky all those times???
Can anyone with a similar complaint please respond so I can get a feel for the depth of it?
Does any one have any odd jobs, cleaning, gardening, dog sitting, babysitting etc that they want/need done. Please contact me on 0225648690 or comment below.