Over 80% of Fire and Emergency is made up of volunteers. Without them and their support crew, we wouldn’t be who we are today.
So this National Volunteer Week, we’re thanking more than 11,500 of our volunteers for missing precious moments in their lives to protect our communities.
Make sure you say thanks as well by leaving a comment below. #cheerstoourvolunteers
Our August SuperSeniors Newsletter is out now, and it's filled with lots of handy information and opportunities for seniors.
This issue includes a story about the benefits of volunteering and how to get involved, as well as an update on the changes to NZ Super and Veteran's Pension.
Even if you aren't over 65 yourself, check it out and share it with the older people in your life.
Click here to read our August newsletter: bit.ly...
Or to subscribe to the newsletter follow this link: bit.ly...
• Make it your kids job to open curtains and windows in the morning
• Close your curtains just before sunset to keep the cold night air out
• Opening your curtains during the day allows the sun to heat your home for free
• If you use non-standard window dressings make sure they fit snug around the frame
• You might be able to get curtains cheap or free from your local curtain bank