Dear neighbours and NZ Gardener family,
Our April issue should be with our subscribers now and available in supermarkets and service stations (having been distributed prior to the lockdown restrictions). Whether or not it's on the stands yet is a bit patchy ... but then the incredibly brave and hard-working supermarket staff have quite a bit on their plate right now so I understand if there is a delay! Please, please, please everyone ... don't go out to buy it! Normally of course we love you buying NZ Gardener but right now it's far more important that you stay home and stay safe. (You can buy a copy with your online shopping though! That's safe and I think we are all in the market for something uplifting to read right now).
In this issue we offered to send out sweet pea seeds to any reader who sent us a SSAE. Just to reassure you, we will still send out sweet pea seeds to any reader who is keen to participate. We are just not quite sure when! Ignore the dates in the magazine of when you needed to send the envelope in by - that has been indefinitely extended. But we cannot wait to send you the seed and for those flowers to bloom as by then we will be well through this or even have it behind us. And keep letting us know what you are sowing and growing, send in pictures of your harvest, your flowers or what you are sharing.
We always love hearing from NZ Gardener readers but now when we are all staying apart that connection means more than you can imagine. Stay home, stay safe and stay in touch everyone. For the most updated gardening advice, subscribe to our digital e-zine Get Growing, which will be delivered to your inbox completely free.
We would really like to offer a slumber party to any child in the neighbourhood who may have missed out on having a birthday party during the isolation period!
* *To enter comment with which theme your child would like! See our website for themes: timetoslumber.co.nz...
* Valid for a 1 night slumber party for up to 4 children, set up & packed down at your home (please bear in mind no more than 10 people total in your household due to current covid-19 restrictions).
* Host child must have had their birthday during the lockdown period, no exceptions!
* Set up is in the local neighbourhood area only
* Slumber party is subject to date availability & the last date for the booking will be 5th July 2020.
* Not valid Queens Birthday Weekend
* Competition closes Wednesday 27th May 2020, winner will be announced/contacted on Thursday 28th May 2020.
Anyone got a piece as don't want to buy a whole sheet. Please PM me or 021621775
George Shiers has been looking for his favorite jumper for more than two years, and he is longing for its return.