Auckland has moved back to level 3 lockdown.
The rest of the country has moved to alert level 2.
Here's the latest update from Georgia Forrester at Stuff:
* There was undisclosed contact between a family member of case M's and another family during alert level 3, PM Jacinda Ardern has confirmed on Monday.
* One new community case, already in quarantine, was announced on Sunday evening.
* The new confirmed case, Case O, is a household contact of cases I, J, K and L
* Huge queues built up at Auckland-Waikato border on Sunday evening.
* Auckland has moved to alert level 3 for at least seven days.
* The rest of the country has moved to alert level 2. A reminder of what the alert levels mean can be read here.
* Here are the locations of interest visited by infectious cases:
* Travel in and out Auckland is restricted.
For more information, go to:
Traditional Bins | Bokashi | Worm Farms
New to composting? Learn how simple it is to start composting at home, and how to access a $40 discount on a system that suits your needs. Through composting, you can reduce organic waste sent to landfill and provide food for your soil!
Compost Collective workshops are held Auckland-wide. To find one near you and book your place visit compostcollective.org.nz/workshops.
There's lots to dig about composting.
Don't forget to submit your upcycled creations in the Resene Upcycling Awards. Whether it's an old item you've spruced up or something you've found a completely new purpose for, we want to see your work!
Submit your entry in the 2021 Resene Upcycling Awards by sharing your upcycled masterpiece with your neighbours. Multiple entries are welcome - don't forget to include your before and after pics and mention any Resene products you've used!
I hope everyone is aware that today the Auckland Council has begun the total destruction of the Western Springs Forest by clear felling everything. This includes the regenerating native plants understorey. They started by cutting the surrounding native trees on the outskirts to put in a approximately 5 metre road across the whole site. The contractors will be back on Monday. Please go and see for yourself what is happening and if you don’t like what you see make your protest known.