Celia Hay's soufflés served hot from the oven are as impressive as they are comforting.
1 knob Butter, melted, for greasing
¼ cup Breadcrumbs
4 Eggs, at room temperature, separated
290 ml Milk
40 g Butter
30 g Flour
1 tsp Dried mustard
1 pinch Cayenne pepper
85 g Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Heat the oven to 200C. Place a baking sheet on the shelf in the top third of the oven.
2. Brush ramekins or souffle dishes with the melted butter.Coat lightly with breadcrumbs by tilting the ramekins so the breadcrumbs stick to the butter. Tip out any breadcrumbs that do not stick.
3. Separate the eggs. Be sure to get no yolk in the egg whites. Put the whites in a bowl, ready to whisk.
4. Warm the milk in a pot or microwave.
5. Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for 45 seconds.
6. Gradually add the warmed milk, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat, add the mustard, cayenne pepper, grated cheese and stir in the egg yolks. Taste the mixture — it should have good flavour. Season with salt and pepper if required.
7. Whisk the egg whites until just stiff and mix a spoonful into the cheese mixture to loosen it. Fold in the remainder of the whites with a metal spoon or spatula. Spoon the mixture into the ramekins so they are twothirds full.
8. With the back of a spoon or your fingertip make a one centimetre rim around edge of the souffle mixture. This gives a “top hat’’ appearance to the cooked souffle.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Avoid opening the door until the last minutes of cooking time. To check if the souffle is cooked, wobble the ramekin gently. If it is very wobbly, cook for a little longer
Your next Katsura experience will be highly entertaining with fire and a show. Let our Teppanyaki Chefs add some magic to your next meal. Perfect for groups between 2 – 8! To book your table and view menus click here: bit.ly...
Lunch: 11.30am - 2.00pm | Dinner: 6.00pm - 10.00pm
Teppanyaki is available Monday: Dinner, Tuesday: Lunch & Dinner, Wednesday: Lunch & Dinner, Thursday: Lunch and Saturday: Dinner.
Hi neighbours - wanna get fit for summer? Froot Camp is a boot camp that's been running in Auckland Domain for three years - and it's completely free. Come and train in Auckland's most beautiful park and get fit with a bunch of fun, supportive and friendly peeps.
We train 6pm Tuesday and Thursdays and 9am Saturday (whatever the weather)
It's a great bunch of people and you couldn't train in a more beautiful spot. All fitness levels welcomed, and encouraged. You don't need to get fit before you come, we're here to help you do that.
Questions? Ask below!
For those looking for a secure home that encapsulates the best of apartment living and thoughtful design, The Turing Building should be seriously considered.
Constructed in 2014 with reinforced concrete and steel, you will be buying with peace of mind that this building has been built to last. Generous 2.7m stud height, wide corridors, double glazing and acoustic separation between inter-tenancy walls - all these features indicate that this building was designed with owner occupiers in mind.
Located high up on the Grey Lynn ridge, the Turing building boasts arguably one of the best locations on the Auckland city fringe. Just two kilometers west of the central business district and with neighbouring suburbs including Ponsonby, Kingsland and Newton - owners are in excellent company. Numerous restaurants, cafes and shops dot the nearby streets and the entertainment of Eden Park, Auckland Zoo and Motat are all in walking distance.
On offer is Unit G02 - a spacious two bedroom apartment with two bathrooms and a stunning list of features that owners have come to expect with Ockham developments.
Some of these features include:
- LED lighting throughout
- Wall mounted heat pumps in lounge and master bedroom
- Individual hot water cylinder (only pay for what you use)
- Custom built ceramic vanities and Methven tapware
- Fisher and Paykel appliances
- Additional Storage locker
- TWO secure undercover car parks
The cherry on top comes in the form of the outstanding 2 million dollar shared rooftop facilities available to all residents.
This unique area is unrivaled in Auckland city and includes a spectacular and huge west facing deck, snooker room, luxury kitchen and lounge and fully equipped gym.
Expansive views towards the Waitakeres, harbour bridge and upper harbour make the evening sunsets difficult to beat.
Currently owner occupied the owners have loved living here but have decided it's time to move on.
Contact Ryan or Mitch today to organise a viewing time to suit your schedule.