Every season provides unique opportunities to treasure and restore Aucklands natural environment, and summer is no exception.
Get stuck in and support our environment with weeding, bird monitoring and trapping.
My colleague Jo is writing a story about buying by tender, specifically, the new trend of writing letters to the vendor to explain why they should pick your offer over all the rest.
As the market gets harder and harder to break into, we've been hearing more and more about people trying to make a personal connection with vendors to give their tender offers the edge. We've heard folks will include personal details about their family, why the love the house and what their plans for the property are.
Jo would love to talk to anyone who's written a letter like this to accompany a tender - perhaps it's you, perhaps a relative or friend - or from vendors who've received letters like this, accompanying a tender.
Perhaps you asked for such letters?
We'd love to hear more about that experience for you and how it shaped the way the sale went.
You can reach out to jo here (she'll be joining the Neighbourly neighbourhood soon!) or via our email: email@example.com.
Looking forward to hearing your stories.
After 16 years of renting in Grey Lynn we are moving to our own home.
Does anyone close by have any boxes that we can steal for packing?
Many thanks in advance.
On the fifth day of Auckland's level 3 lockdown, Director General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield has announced there are no new community cases of Covid-19, while there are six in MIQ.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* There are no new cases in the community on Thursday for the fourth consecutive day.
* There are six border-related cases in MIQ on Thursday.
* Cold water has been poured on the prospect of Auckland leaving lockdown early by Associate Minister of Health Peeni Henare.
* Despite no new cases for three consecutive days, Auckland isn't "out of the woods".
* The Government won’t consider an alert level change until Cabinet meets on Friday.
* Mothers from two households connected to the latest cluster went for a walk. together during the level 3 lockdown in February.
* Auckland is in level 3 until at least this weekend. The rest of the country is at level 2.
www.stuff.co.nz... for more information.