Thursday 21 November, 10am - 1pm
Information presentation at 11am
You are invited to join us for an information presentation at 11am and the opportunity to tour our serviced apartment showhomes and care centre.
Learn more about our Ryman peace of mind guarantees and what sets a Ryman village apart from the rest!
Light refreshments will be provided.
POSTING ON BEHALF OF. PLEASE CONTACT FIONA NOT ME. CHEERS
Rescue kitten Felicity is available for adoption.
She is 10 weeks old and has been desexed.
She has a lovely nature and now needs a lovely home.
The adoption cost is $60 to help cover the cost of her rescue.
Please phone Fiona on 021742769 if you would like to know more about little Felicity.
Vector has released a weather warning with possible widespread power cuts and strong winds in the next 24-36hrs.
Please all remember to keep safe and vigilant! If you experience a power cut you can monitor the restoration progress here:
Steps you can take to be prepared:
- Always stay away from fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment.
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can cause damage to power lines.
- Avoid possible damage to electrical appliances (in the unlikely event there is a power surge when the power is restored) by switching off appliances at the wall.
- Keep a torch and spare batteries handy and ensure that you have at least one telephone that does not rely on electricity for operation.
- Ensure that an alternate fuel is always available for cooking (e.g. gas for BBQ). If you have an electric garage door, prepare how you can gain entry to the garage another way so you have access to your vehicle.
- Tie down objects on your property that may be impacted by strong winds (ie: trampolines, BBQs and BBQ covers).
- If you are on tank water please ensure you have plenty of bottled water available.
- If life or property is at risk, call 111.
Police say they have exhausted all leads for finding Eloi Rolland, 18, who has been missing from Auckland for almost four months.
The teen, who has limited English, has not been seen since he was captured on CCTV at the Britomart train station on March 7, where he caught a train to New Lynn's Fruitvale Rd station. It's understood he was in the vicinity of Piha Rd and Scenic Drive at 9.18am, but this is where the trail ends.
After more than 1600 hours searching for Rolland, police ended the physical search in May, pending reports of new information or evidence.
Rolland's sister, Aurore Rolland, told Stuff the family were "really sad" the search had been suspended.
"We [are at] the point where we are waiting for a miracle. We believe [he] is not dead in the sea at Piha Beach. Things need to be done, even if we have to search during our entire life."
Click "read more" for the full story.