1. If you smell anything unusual (sulphur or rotten eggs) – turn the gas appliance off, open doors and windows to ventilate the room, get people out of the area and call a licensed gasfitter, your gas supplier and/or emergency services
2. Know how to turn the gas off in an emergency
3. Don't flick any switches or use your mobile phone near a gas leak (no naked flames or cigarettes either)
4. Don’t interfere with any gas appliance – call an authorised professional
5. Have gas appliances regularly serviced – once a year or as per manufacturer’s instructions – to ensure they are running safely and efficiently. Keep records.
6. If you don't know when an appliance was last serviced, don't risk it, get it checked.
Read more info about gas safety in our blog: bit.ly...
Thought about putting your house on the market, or just want to get an idea of the current market value?
We use licensed real estate professionals with knowledge in your area to help you obtain what your property is really worth.
Whatsmyhousevalue.co.nz is a free website providing estimates through real estate agents. Algorithms don’t see value in important things such as views, parking, extra garaging, gardens, etc. Emotional buyers will bring you more money. An experienced agent can help identify these and provide you with a written current market appraisal (CMA) based on your individual property.
After midnight, dozens of car "enthusiasts" met in the parking lot under the motorway bridge behind Parliament. There were street races like in a movie. It was very noisy and dangerous. Although the parking lot (Bowen Street) is right behind the Parliament, Ministery of Defense and Treasury, no police came. After about half an hour, they raced down the streets. Did anyone else hear or see it?
A Wellington bar owner has launched a petition calling for all vehicles to be banned from Courtenay Place - and the majority of the Wellington City Council appears to be on board.
To read more, click here.
Should Courtenay Place be pedestrianised?
51.6% Yes51.6% Complete
48.4% No48.4% Complete