Blocked drains are inconvenient and unpleasant to deal with, but here are some things you can do to make them less likely to happen:
1. Scrape food scraps off plates into the bin (not down the sink)
2. Put fat, oil and grease into the bin too
3. Use drain strainers to catch food residue in the kitchen and hair/fibres/soap scum in the bathroom & laundry
4. Run just hot water in sinks and showers at least once a week to prevent a build-up of dirt and residues
5. Only flush The Three P's (pee, poo and paper) down your toilet
If your drain gets blocked, avoid using harsh chemicals as these can damage your plumbing system over time. Contact your local Master Plumber for a professional service: www.masterplumbers.org.nz...
With Covid-19 still a very real risk, people who are unwell are told to stay home, and to keep any sickly kids home too - but what if you don't have any more sick leave owing?
Most Kiwis are entitled to five days of sick leave a year, but some - often those in lower paid jobs - get less.
New Zealand’s minimum sick leave allowance is one of the lowest in the OECD. In Australia they get 10 days, in most European countries it’s even more.
Should Kiwis be entitled to more sick leave?
To read more, click here.
59.9% Yes, five days is not enough59.9% Complete
13.6% No, I never use mine up anyway13.6% Complete
26.5% Entitlement should be assessed on a case-by-case basis26.5% Complete
With sweeping beaches, hidden caves, seals, penguins and albatross - we think this must be the most underrated stretch of New Zealand. Have you been? Read more on the link below.