Really delicious alternative to the classic version!
• 250g of pink and white marshmallows, halved
• 2 x 200g blocks of good-quality white chocolate, chopped
• 100g of dried cranberries or raspberries
• 110g packet of macadamias, roughly chopped
• 60g of pistachios, chopped in half
• 1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
• Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides.
• Combine marshmallows, cranberries, nuts and coconut in a bowl. Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high for 1-2 minutes, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, or until smooth.
• Pour chocolate over marshmallow mixture. Mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, pressing down with a spatula. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Using a warm knife, cut into squares. Serve and enjoy!
We want to celebrate the unsung heroes who are keeping our country going through lockdown.
Frontline nurse Debra Larsen's life has turned into a "real whirlwind" since the coronavirus outbreak began.
She's been so busy setting up testing centres around the Waikato. and helping them run smoothly that she's barely seen her two teenage daughters.
Do you know a coronavirus lockdown champion who deserves to be recognised? Tell us about them in the comments below.
To read more about Debra's life on the frontline, click here.
Consultation has opened for our draft Annual Plan 2020/21.
This is your chance to help guide our city through a challenging year ahead.
Hit the link below to view the consultation documents and share your views.
Submissions close May 3.
We're sure that, if we keep on behaving ourselves, we'll be able to flee the coop before too long & that conviviality & cuddles will replace coronavirus.
With that in mind, we have planned our next wonderful winery tour to Hawke's' Bay.
Travel with us through the verdant countryside & treat your palate to that voluptuous Red you have never savoured before, a classy White, a wine style you didn't know existed.
Time to cater to your Epicurean self again & to live "La Vie en Rose". (Maybe that needs an accent.)
And for those who usually travel overseas it's time to spend domestically & to help the economy get back on track quickly.
Please refer to: