Kāpiti Coast District Council has announced a range of immediate changes to support local people and businesses in response to COVID-19.
At a special briefing this week the Council agreed to:
· Remove rates late payment penalties for rest of 2019/20
· A June 2020 rates payment holiday for those impacted by COVID-19
· Waive rent payments for three months for major tenants
· Rapid supplier payments, aiming for seven-day payments
· 90-day credit terms for invoices
· Refund consent deposits and fees if applicants request to withdraw their application
· Refund a quarter of fees for food, alcohol and outdoor dining licenses paid in the current financial year
· Increase weighting for local businesses in procurement processes
· Allow Community Boards to repurpose unallocated discretionary grants for 2019/20 to COVID-19 response initiatives
· Flexibility to repurpose remaining social investment grants in 2019/20 as appropriate
· Extend existing library book loans by six weeks
The Council is also reviewing its 2020/21 budget to find further savings, and will continue to assess the situation as the full impacts of COVID-19 continue to become clear and respond accordingly.
Those interested in accessing support will be able to visit www.kapiticoast.govt.nz... or call 04 296 4700 or 0800 486 486 to register interest. A dedicated email address will be activated shortly.
Hey neighbours, have you had a DIY disaster you need to fix or are you keen to tackle some home improvements but don't know where to start? Well, help is at hand.
Send us your questions about your DIY or decorating dilemmas, including photos if you can, and we'll ask an expert for their advice on where to start with your project, any tips and tricks they can share to help you get a great finish - or how you can fix things up if they've already gone wrong! Click here to submit your questions, or email us at email@example.com.
Need a break? Live more with less energy. Explore our NZ paradise, and enjoy a low-carbon holiday.
MEETING REMINDER for: Tuesday 14th July at 10am
We hope to see as many members and visitors as possible this coming Tuesday.
Our presenter will be the owner of:
New Zealand Native Oils
140 Otaihanga Road
Maria has come a long way in a very short period of time. She has developed Health, Beauty, and Skincare products and has a shop displaying all her many specialized brands.
She will make one of her 'Balm' products for us as a demonstration and bring along various items from her shop. These products will be available for sale and Maria will be happy to answer any and all your questions regarding the natural ingredients.
This should be a fun morning so come along and enjoy yourself.
Everyone Welcome to meet our friendly 'Group of Herbies'
Senior Citizens Hall
45 Ocean Road, Paraparaumu Beach (close to the Airport)