There has been a media release by the Waikato District Council on the Proposed Amendments to the Speed Limits.
For Te Kowhai & surrounding areas it means a number of roads that are currently 100kmh will become 80 kmh.
A hearing by the District Council for any submissions on these changes is planned for February 2020 – the date will be confirmed by WDC closer to the time.
If you wish to make a submission on these proposed changes submission forms are available at at www.waikatodistrict.govt.nz...
The roads that are in our neighborhood that will be going from 100 kmh to 80 kmh are
DUCK RD - entire road
FULLERTON RD - entire road
HAWKSGRIP RD - entire road
LAXON RD - entire road
LINDSAY RD - entire road
PERKINS RD - entire road
ROTOKAURI RD - from 70m west of Pheasant Close to DUCK RD
BEDFORD RD - from NGARUAWAHIA RD to 30m south of Collie Road
BLACKETT RD - entire road
BROWN RD - entire road
CASEY RD - entire road
CHRISTIE RD - entire road
COLLIE RD - entire road
COUCH RD - entire road
CRAWFORD RD - entire road
DRUMMOND RD - entire road
HARTSTONE RD - entire road
MARWOOD RD - entire road
WOOLRICH RD - entire road
This year's WEAVE Cultural Market will be on the 6th of December in Garden Place from 4pm till 8pm. Come along and enjoy ethnic food, crafts, cultural performances and other entertainments, celebrating the diversity of our former refugee and migrant communities!
Being Neighbourly is a lot more than just signing up to the website. It’s about taking the next step and being helpful and friendly to those around you. There are loads of different ways to be Neighbourly - here are a few suggestions from us.
This is the last issue before Christmas – the final publication for 2019.
In this issue you’ll find:
- Locally made Christmas gift ideas.
- Details of proposed local speed reductions.
- The story behind Te Kowhai’s very own and very special Christmas Grotto.
- Information on local Christmas church and carol services.
- Fund raising details for St Stephen’s Church.
- “I don’t know much” interview with Ryan Christensen: pro cyclist and one of the six dedicated family members behind the Bucking Boar Cornfield Maze.
- A trip down memory lane with Myra Woolrich, interviewed by Shirley Warner.
- Heritage stories, as told by Graham McBride.
- Who’s who in the local election results.
As always, feedback is welcome along with new advertisers, nominations for interview subjects, news, local events and tid-bits of information.
Get in touch any time.
0220 166 828