A leaky gas heater sent six people from Melville to hospital - one in serious condition.
Firefighters were called to the smell of gas and found a leaky heater at the scene.
The poisoning has prompted calls to ban heaters like the one involved - something which has already happened in Canada and most of Europe.
Do you think gas heaters should be banned?
47.9% Yes, they're too dangerous.47.9% Complete
52.1% No, people need to learn where and how to use them.52.1% Complete
0% Other - explain in the comments.0% Complete
I was at the supermarket and spent 300.00 on groceries when a young Māori women said to me that she would pay for my groceries with a card she must have got from work and income. Then I was to pay her the money back in cash. Surely there must be a way to prevent them from doing this. That payment was probably for her and her children for food. Not to be spent on drugs alcohol or smokes.
I think the MP is being a snob for getting a petition up about the State housing in the area. Everyone is entitled to a home, The Nats have been pushing for more housing, BUT here is the MP for Hamilton West getting a petition together to stop the development going ahead. If he wants to be a Snob perhaps he should go live in Wellington at parliment or go live in Central Auckland. I am all fro housing being intergrated into the area it will be monitored carefully, so the gangs dont get ahold but we need tougher laws to control the gangs, BUT people need houing also