A leaky gas heater sent six people from Melville to hospital - one in serious condition.
Firefighters were called to the smell of gas and found a leaky heater at the scene.
The poisoning has prompted calls to ban heaters like the one involved - something which has already happened in Canada and most of Europe.
Do you think gas heaters should be banned?
47.9% Yes, they're too dangerous.47.9% Complete
52.1% No, people need to learn where and how to use them.52.1% Complete
0% Other - explain in the comments.0% Complete
We want to celebrate the unsung heroes who are keeping our country going through lockdown.
Frontline nurse Debra Larsen's life has turned into a "real whirlwind" since the coronavirus outbreak began.
She's been so busy setting up testing centres around the Waikato. and helping them run smoothly that she's barely seen her two teenage daughters.
Do you know a coronavirus lockdown champion who deserves to be recognised? Tell us about them in the comments below.
To read more about Debra's life on the frontline, click here.
It is absolutely deplorable that Waikato Police had to turn around 20% of vehicles of people breaking the lockdown due to Covid - 19. As an over 70 year old wanting to get things done around the house and not able to leave the property I find that these people want to stretch out the lock down period and then lose their livelihoods to be totally irresponsible. The Police need to throw the book at them because this is inexcusable.
Keeping our projects going will be a big part of our regional and national economic recovery. A shared commitment to ‘getting on with the job’ during lockdown has meant we’ve been able to take the next steps for our new bridge.