**UPDATED:** 1.22pm Sunday 28 February
The Prime Minister and the Director-General of Health are currently providing an update to media in the Beehive.
Ardern has confirmed that health authorities have found a possible person to person link for how Case M and N picked up Covid-19. This could eliminate concern that there are other chains of transmission to identify.
Ashley Bloomfield asked people to keep an eye out for atypical symptoms
"This new variant of the virus, the B117, does seem to be presenting with symptoms that are not the typical respiratory symptoms," he said.
If you have muscle aches, do consider this might be a Covid-19 symptom.
Auckland is now at Alert Level 3 and the rest of the country will move to Alert Level 2 until at least 6 March.
Here's what you need to know:
- Case M, the latest Covid-19 case, is a 21-year-old male, the older sibling of a Papatoetoe High School student.
- If you have symptoms of concern, call the NZ Covid-19 Healthline on 0800 358 5453 or call your GP.
- Find your closest Covid-19 testing location on the Healthpoint website
- Essential services such as supermarkets and pharmacies will remain open.
- Customer-facing businesses will need to move to non-contact methods of payment and collection.
- See the full list of guidelines under Alert Level 3 and Alert Level 2
- Keep up-to-date with the latest by following the Stuff live blog
Neighbourly will be updating this message as further information comes to hand.
We currently have funding available for a heat pump subsidy that gives you 90% OFF (Capped at $3,000).
We are looking for awesome individuals or couples who would like to support a local family and act as a "GrandFriend". We have a waiting list of families in your area who would love nothing more than to connect with you.
GrandFriends is a little charity that combats big issues like isolation and loneliness.
We are the bridge that brings kiwis together from across the generations. By connecting families with GrandFriends, we provide a long lasting “people” solution to loneliness.
Using our years of experience we match like-minded GrandFriends, extending their support networks, so they can enjoy the special moments, share the load - all the while combating loneliness.
You are welcome to apply as an individual - or if you wish to apply with your partner (husband/wife/significant other) as something that you can volunteer with together - that is also very much welcome and encouraged.
To get involved please click the link below to join us today.