Right now in the Pacific there is a life-threatening measles outbreak, and children are most at risk.
Outbreaks have been declared in Fiji, Samoa and Tonga. Thousands of people have been affected, and many thousands more are at risk as health authorities and medical professionals race to prevent the spread and impact of this disease.
Red Cross volunteers are working closely with Ministries of Health to support both response and prevention activities. Hundreds of people have already visited the mobile vaccination site at Samoa Red Cross.
You can help too. Donate to the Pacific Disaster Fund now to support this emergency response.
An article I read in the local news today was headlined 'raising a future Eco-warrior', talking about parents raising their kids to be climate change activists.
Anyone see the problem with that? In case you don't, let me wax lyrical here for a bit.
1. Climate change is nonsense; none of the 'scientific research' the proponents recite has ever been published in a refereed scientific journal, nor has any of it survived international peer review.
2. There is no reliable, established metric for measuring this claim and no testing protocols that can be confirmed by independent sources.
3. The so called 'climate deniers' counter argument has some rather heavyweight contributors; most notably Dr Ivar Giaever, the winner of the 1973 Nobel Prize for Physics, who said "climate change is nothing but pseudo-science".
4. "Reduction of CO2 emissions" - CO2 is a harmless natural gas that is essential for life on this planet; plants cannot survive without it and the current levels in the atmosphere (300-400 ppm) are close to a starvation diet for vegetation. The less CO2 they get, the less Oxygen they produce.
4. The self-appointed leaders and spokespeople of this doomsayers cult have admitted openly that their ambitions have little to do with climate change:
"The climate crisis is not just about the environment. It's a crisis of human rights, of justice and of political will. Colonial, racist and Patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all."
- Greta Thunberg, the know-nothing brat currently being touted as an expert on the matter.
Notice the use of incredibly nebulous terms such as 'Patriachal'. 'Patriarchy' being the fictional, all-male secret society invented by militant feminists in attempt to lend credence to their 'us and them' mentality.
If only Greta were a lone, crazy loud mouth. She is not. The proponents themselves repeat all the same neo-Marxist talking points: the 'evil' of capitalism, wealth redistribution, insane taxes inflicted on the wealthy etc. ergo obviously the movement is Socialism is disguise.
Do your own thinking and DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.
I was given an e-gift card supplied by the Base (Kiwi Property) in Hamilton. Unfortunately this was accidentally lost, probably while visiting Auckland.
I reported this to the Base management with all the details of the lost card. By the time I reported it no-one else had used it and a stop was placed on the card so it couldn't be used.
Now Kiwi Property has $136.00 of mine, they know it is my money, but have advised that they are not obliged to and will not replace it, as per their terms and conditions for the card.
So basically if you have someone else property and won't give it back it is most often illegal. Kiwi Property are also short changing the business's at their malls by this policy.
How much money do business's selling gift cards which are lost, expired or unused get to keep from these windfalls?
The moral of this story is beware of purchasing gift cards as you may end up losing out and profiting the supplier.
Hi everyone, we are looking for teddybears in mint/or good condition no rips or stains that people would like to get rid of.
Drop offs can be arranged or pickups near Hamilton area.
These will be used for Christmas toys for hampers for kids who are less fortunate.
We would appreciate any help.