A leaky gas heater sent six people from Melville to hospital - one in serious condition.
Firefighters were called to the smell of gas and found a leaky heater at the scene.
The poisoning has prompted calls to ban heaters like the one involved - something which has already happened in Canada and most of Europe.
Do you think gas heaters should be banned?
47.9% Yes, they're too dangerous.47.9% Complete
52.1% No, people need to learn where and how to use them.52.1% Complete
0% Other - explain in the comments.0% Complete
At a time when dental treatment is not available, taking care of teeth is important. Here's a good advice shared by a city dentist: www.newsviews.co.nz...
I have been wondering why in particulat the Chinese have been street spraying. I now see the reason behind this decision.
Recycling collections have stopped due to safety concerns over COVID-19 being spread to our staff sorting recyclables by hand. Our team have been kindly emptying your crates to keep our streets safe and tidy as some people may not have heard about our changes yet.
From Wednesday (1 April 2020), recycling crates put out for collection won’t be emptied. Rubbish bags will be collected as normal. Paper and cardboard will still be collected but sent to landfill.