Hi neighbours. The fire in early October which left Matakana's Sawmill Brewery extensively damaged was caused by the "spontaneous ignition" of a pile of laundry. Sawmill Brewery owners Mike Sutherland and Kirsty McKay say the rebuild was underway and they expected to reopen in Autumn 2020. Are you looking forward to returning to Sawmill Brewery?
Study in Northland!
Meet Jasmine (Te Rarawa, Te Aupouri, Ngāpuhi, Ngāti Hine) who shares “Awanuiārangi offered an accessible teaching programme that meant I didn't have to move away from home in North Hokianga. I’ve grown personally and professionally through my studies making my whānau/hapū proud. I was employed by a school immediately after completing, am now focusing on my teacher registration, and planning to return to study for a Master of Indigenous Studies”
You too can help facilitate the learning journey of future leaders. Study with us in 2020 and become a teacher!
Saturday's fire in the Puwera Landfill produced a lot of smoke from the burning household rubbish. The fire has now been contained but were you effected?