1. Bring forward planned maintenance such as repainting the bathroom or living areas
2. Update landscaping with easy care shrubs and plenty of mulch
3. Add extra heating or ventilation systems, such as a heatpump or air exchange/ HRV type system near bedrooms.
4. Replace the kitchen benchtop with a durable and contemporary material
5. Update kitchen units with new handles and re-sprayed door fronts
6. Replace the letterbox to a modern style
7. Repaint the front door in a bright and contemporary colour
8. Clean out gutters and replace any broken or leaking downpipes
9. Add a french drain to deal with water pooling and soggy lawns
10. Waterblast paths and steps to remove moss and improve the look of accessways
11. Repaint window exteriors
12. Replace south facing bedroom windows with double glazing
13. Have the house exterior commercially cleaned before photos
14. Replace damaged fence palings
Easy updates during tenancies:
1. Add a bathroom heater and heated towel rail
2. Replace lighting with LED for lower energy costs
3. Update older style curtains to lined, warm fabrics in neutral colours
4. Add a front porch canopy
5. Fit security motion detector lights to the front and rear of the house
6. Add an auto garage door opener
7. Cut back overhanging trees and shrubs to allow more light and fresh air into the home
8. Scarify lawns and re-sow bare patches
9. Install a paved path to the clothesline
10. Extend or add hard paving for an outdoor seating area in Summer
11. Install additional power points
12. If there is space consider adding a dishwasher
13. Have storage systems installed in the wardrobes and garage
With Covid-19 still a very real risk, people who are unwell are told to stay home, and to keep any sickly kids home too - but what if you don't have any more sick leave owing?
Most Kiwis are entitled to five days of sick leave a year, but some - often those in lower paid jobs - get less.
New Zealand’s minimum sick leave allowance is one of the lowest in the OECD. In Australia they get 10 days, in most European countries it’s even more.
Should Kiwis be entitled to more sick leave?
To read more, click here.
60.2% Yes, five days is not enough60.2% Complete
13.7% No, I never use mine up anyway13.7% Complete
26.1% Entitlement should be assessed on a case-by-case basis26.1% Complete
Our Community Education Courses (ACE) start again in July. We have a variety of courses, please check them out to see if there is one there for you.
We had our standard gas cylinder refilled only to find it had a Red plastic tag on it when over the last 20+ years it was white. And now we can't turn it on to use it.
Lodged a query with gas co and said they would need to contact the deliverer to sort it.
Anyone got any idea? Thank you