Hi Neighbours, One third of Auckland's bus services are cancelled today, with no end in sight to the suspension of NZBus drivers. If you want to get up to speed on what's going on. Read the story below :
(Please type NFP if your comments are not for print)
With Christmas fast approaching, it is a good time to stop and think about how we can manage Christmas in a more environmentally friendly way. Some thoughts are:
* Choose gifts with as little packaging as possible, or have
* Choose gifts in glass, paper or cardboard rather than plastic.
* Use recycled or recyclable wrapping when possible.
* Wrap gifts in a nice tea towel or handkerchief tied with a
ribbon or non-plastic string so the packaging is also useful.
* Give gifts that support people to make change such as a
nice takeaway coffee cup, glass or metal storage containers,
metal drink bottles, beeswax wrappers, useful carry bags, etc.
* Give a food hamper in a basket or box.
* Make homemade gifts that are edible or useful.
* Don't prepare more food than is required, and use or freeze
* Use paper plates and wooden cutlery, rather than plastic, if not
using proper plates and cutlery.
Happy Christmas everyone.
For over three decades, Readers Tours has been taking our loyal readers on unforgettable journeys exploring the rich history and culture of New Zealand’s hidden gems.
The much loved North and South Island Journeys are back for 2020, along with the launch of two new escapes in both the North and South Island. These new shorter escapes are the perfect length of time for those adventurous seniors who want a taste of the spectacular excursions and sights our country has to offer.
To celebrate the launch of our brand new tours, our friends at TV Guide and Neighbourly are giving away a year’s subscription for TV Guide to one lucky adventurer!
All you have to do is tell us a New Zealand destination you would love to visit via this link and you'll be in the draw to win!
Entries close 19th December 2019.