In St Heliers I went to the Westpac Bank this morning, then to the BNZ. Neither banks produce receipts for you any more. The Westpac bank offers you a language option, (including Maori) a bill pay option but NO option for taking out cash.
It offers you a "start without card." It offers you a "bill payment" option, but it did not give me to access my money.
The BNZ last month shortchanged me by $100.00 of a $600 withdrawal. They took over 3 weeks to rectify it.
I assisted an elderly an elderly woman 3 days ago with depositing money and there was NO facility to get a receipt at the BNZ. The option is written there, but there is no connection when you press for that. It is a complete impossibility to get a receipt, which is just plain wrong in my view. For a deposit, you get no proof!
Last Christmas I was charged $10 in December for my BNZ annual card fee (read Annual) then in January I was charged it again. When I rang, the girl said blithely "OH yes ... computing error", and when I asked if they had been a flurry of people who had noticed she was confident "no-one to my knowledge has noticed". Which when you consider if they only have 500,000 customers at $10.00 charged brings them in $5 million dollars. For a computer clitch of $10.00!!
You can't see anyone at a bank anymore.
You can't get a receipt.
You can't get your money out
They overcharge you on fees.
They shortchange on withdrawals.
Anyone else smelling something rotten in the banking world? IN New Zealand?
Read Adele Fergusan for what went wrong in Australia for an enlightening expose of the corruption in banking in Australia.
And remember most of our banks are Australian owned. Just an an added germ of joy to add to this whole saga of subterfuge by the Westpac and BNZ in St Heliers.
Who wants to win some money?! A very kind anonymous donor has given $5000 prize money for our “Thank You” prize draw!
The prize money is to support the Panmure business community that have been so badly hit by COVID-19 lockdowns and level changes.
So if you like money and you love Panmure, let us know which local business (restaurants, hair/body/beauty salons only please) you would like to thank for making it through Lockdown. Some of our local businesses have waited a very long time to reopen, and it’s nice to recognise their patience!
Comment your favourite Panmure restaurants or hair/body/beauty salon below, or go to www.popintopanmure.co.nz... to enter.
Prize money will be issued in Panmure Shopping Vouchers – keeping the money directly in our community!
1st Prize $500 vouchers (1 winner)
2nd Prize $250 vouchers (2 winners)
3rd Prize $100 vouchers (10 winners)
4th Prize $50 vouchers (60 winners)
Terms & Conditions
1. Panmure Business Association staff and families, owners or employees of participating shops, restaurants or food outlets are not permitted to enter this competition.
2. Publication of the winners’ names and photographs may be used for promotional purposes, unless requested otherwise by the winner.
3. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash. No change will be given on vouchers.
4. Personal information provided will be held by the Panmure Business Association and used to inform you if you are a winner.
5. Entry closes 5pm on 31st January 2022.
6. Entries accepted on Facebook.com/popintopanmure or via popintopanmure.co.nz/shopping-voucher-competition website form
7. Participating Panmure businesses are listed on reverse of voucher
8. Winners will be drawn randomly from all valid entries
9. One entry per person
Hi I am looking for a builder to repair a fence. Please contact me ASAP.Cheers
Our Red Cross Shops welcome everybody. Customers don’t need to be vaccinated or show My Vaccine Pass to enter the shop under the Traffic Light System.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.