All regions in New Zealand, except for the Auckland region, will move to Alert Level 2 at 12 noon on Wednesday 12 August 2020
• Keep your distance from other people in public.
• Wash your hands.
• Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
• Keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
wear a mask if you can.
• If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
• If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline and get advice about being tested.
• If you have been told to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
• All aged care facilities will close their doors to everyone but staff from noon today.
• For real time news updates visit Stuff
Act now to beat the water shortage:
• Install a rainwater tank (resource consent fees waived).
• Maintain your tank (check guttering is clear).
• Install water saving devices (shower head/taps).
• Install a water sensor to monitor your usage.
Due to the long weekend, the council's kerbside collections will be one day later from 26 – 31 October.
Our 4 year old Huntaway x Fox Terrier has gone walkabouts at around midday Sunday 18 October in Waihi Township.
His name is Blue, and he is Black and Tan with a white chest and white front paw (see photos).
Blue mostly lives in Whiritoa and Auckland but was last seen on SILVERTON ROAD in WAIHI TOWN (rather than the beach) on SUNDAY 25 OCTOBER over labour weekend.
Blue is desexed, microchipped and registered in Auckland central, and has a blue Auckland central tag number 841204 on his brown leather collar.
A massive thank you to the kind locals of Waihi for continuing to call and alert us, and for trying to coax and secure Blue.
He is very friendly and sweet natured, but he is very stressed and spooked and has been running away if people attempt to approach him. If you see him, please contact Campbell on 021 532 339 or Ruth on 021 311 840.
Thank you 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻