MetService have issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Northland and Auckland until 7pm. They warn of the risk of surface flooding and/or flash flooding
The National Emergency Management Agency advises that as storms approach you should:
- Take shelter, preferably indoors away from windows;
- Avoid sheltering under trees, if outside;
- Get back to land, if outdoors on the water;
- Move cars under cover or away from trees;
- Secure any loose objects around your property;
- Check that drains and gutters are clear;
- Be ready to slow down or stop, if driving.
During and after the storm, you should also:
- Beware of fallen trees and power lines;
- Avoid streams and drains as you may be swept away in flash flooding
Keep up to date on Stuff.
You've likely heard about the shoppers encountering those cheeky rodents in our local supermarkets around the country. Have you yourself stumbled across something unexpected while shopping?
Type 'Not For Print' if you wish your comments to be excluded from the Conversations column of your local paper.
Princess Cruises has invoiced me for USD$265.72 after we were told the matter was closed. These charges were related to the previous occupants of our cabin. See: