If the above headline found on Stuff's website is accurate, then allowing for the 5-8 weeks between vaccines, we should have some sort of freedom by Christmas - fingers crossed😉
New Nordic Cuisine had redefined the food culture of Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Finland.
Our own Chef Finn is from Denmark and spent his formative years working in Michelin star rated restaurants including working as Sous Chef for legendary Noma chef, Rene Redzepi.
This menu is inspired by Chef Finn’s Nordic heritage.
"We work with local high quality ingredients to combine good taste in food with contemporary culinary techniques,” says Chef Finn.
Here are some photos of the dishes our Diploma students prepared and served.
1. Tartare of Trevalli on Rye bread with pickled beetroot, sorrel and brown butter siphon.
2. Salmon served with a compote of tomatoes, oil of chervil and crispy onion rings.
3. Pigeon Bay Lamb rump, sous vide with buttermilk foam & beef jus.
4. Salad of raw cabbage, kale with mushroom and pickled red onion dressing
5. Terrine of pork served with Granny Smith apple puree & leek, mustard vinaigrette & tarragon.
6. Guests seated with Franck
Our neighbourhood white rabbit was killed the other day (thinking - by a dog) and left behind a smaller, younger companion. After watching it nudging the bigger rabbit to wake it and then laying beside it, on the road, we picked it up and took it home.
To our surprise, it's extremely tame, friendly and HEAPS of fun.
We cant keep it because our dog wants to hunt it.
We're hoping for a loving home with adults/children willing to spend time with it. It's playful, clean and not a fussy eater. It likes weeds, bread and vegetables.
Btw, we have wood fence panels and nails, if you need.