Hey neighbours – to ALL of you – who passed by the Kelston Community Centre, Great North Road today - Waitangi Day - between 3:30pm and about 5pm
– PAST the woman with the car broken down in the medium strip – on Waitangi Day
– ALL of you – two lanes - between let’s see – texted my friend from Kelston countdown at 3:52pm – paid for petrol (low petrol light came on after just dropping her off home, just down the road) at 4:59pm – so a HOUR
– more than - HOUR AND A HALF – she told me she had been there for half an hour – told me I was the first one to stop to help
– a LOT of traffic going by - two lanes each side…
- wasn’t me – wasn’t my car – was a fellow kiwi in need
(was complete stranger, now new friend) - lovely woman - Marama
– she said I was the first to stop in half an hour…
what is wrong with the rest of you?? – esp the ones who just beeped!
We got her battery started
(kiwi chicks – we know how to do this ( – and change a tire)
- she had a battery charger – I had jumper leads
– got it started time and time again – revevved it – would just die – in the middle of acceleration - fine - dead - would start - wouldn't start -
- we gave up in the end – (plan B – asking a kiwi bloke for help – failed)
– so plan c – pushed it off the middle of the road through two lanes of traffic
*thank you* to Angela who DID stop at this point and helped us get it through two lanes of traffic – from the middle of the road (on the medium strip)
Yellow lines - on both sides - every direction –
luckily I had lived just there, a few houses up - a few years back –
was actually on the way to visit former neighbour – left it on her property, off the road (since yellow lines) knocked and knocked to ask permission – she wasn’t home (left notes & texted her)
as for the rest of you… esp the ones who just *beeped*...
- I could clearly see her and her car from a distance - we BOTH had our hazard lights on – in medium strip – two lanes - what the….
luckily was going to visit this former neighbour, lovely woman in her 90s – she wasn’t home, left the car outside her place, sent her a text, left a note in her letterbox & left a message under the windscreen for her –
and dropped Marama off home
Had started to write a facebook post this morning before visiting a friend – what it means to be a kiwi – since this is Waitangi Day – to me it means community – helping each other out…
– had written – “we’ve come a long way as a country – still have a long way to go in many ways, we should however give credit where credit is due”
– credit to Marama for her positive attitude in the face of such a challenging situation, kiwi chicks eh! outstanding!
and credit to Angela – older kiwi - pakeha woman - what an angel coming to help – thank you!
As for the rest of you… very disappointed!
Hi, I'm a new member and hoping this, is an appropriate place, for me to be posting..We have a daughter of 18. Who is interested in career in prosthetics/prop making for film and to a lesser extent special effects makeup. Do any members, have any recommendations. As to where, she can undertake some training or get some experience in these areas. In the Auckland region. She is very hands on and struggles with the written side of things. We look forward to your replies.
Hoping someone will take it away! PM if you want it, will remove the listing. :)
Is anyone out there refurbishing their bathroom by any chance and disposing of all the old bathroom decor?
I'm looking for 2 x towel rails about 480-500mm wide please.
They look similar to the pick below, but they don't have to be that fancy. Plain old chrome will do please. Free would be perfect as I don't want brand new ones, they just have to be clean please.