Hi Neighbours, motorists running through red traffic lights create some of the highest death and injury risks. Auckland Transport's roll-out of cameras is making a difference, but do you think penalties are tough enough ? Read the story below:
With COVID-19 classified as a pandemic, there has never been a more important time to be Neighbourly. To ensure everyone in our communities feels safe and supported, spread facts not fear. Regularly consult government sources and encourage others to do the same.
During this uncertain time, it’s fine to feel a little overwhelmed. To keep up to date with the latest developments and how you can do your bit, visit https://covid19.govt.nz/.
One Room a Week...
I read in the news tonight that Auckland’s water usage has increased since the lockdown, and we are going to face mandatory water restrictions if we don’t curb our usage.
Water usage this week:
• Sunday: 464 million litres
• Monday: 466 million litres
• Tuesday: 485 million litres
• Wednesday: 480 million litres
Watercare's advice to Aucklanders
• Keep washing your hands regularly
• Keep your showers short: 4 minutes or less
• Only run your dishwasher or washing machine when they're full
• Don't wash the car or water the garden
• Don't waterblast the house or driveway