More messages from your neighbours
1 day ago

Owner's warning after dog nearly dies after eating rat poison

Stacey Reporter from Stuff

Hi neighbours,

An Auckland dog owner is warning of the dangers rat bait can cause after her beloved pet nearly died after ingesting it twice.

Tracy Leach said her 8-year-old golden retriever Daisy first got sick about four weeks ago on their rural property in Glenbrook, south of Auckland.

She bounced back pretty quickly but Leach started to notice she was vomiting constantly and consuming a lot of water - causing her to take Daisy back to the vet.

To read more click here

Image
6 hours ago

Help support at-risk teens

Julia de Ruiter from The Salvation Army NZ

It’s not easy growing up in New Zealand today. The Salvation Army and The Warehouse Group know that life can be tough for young people, and that's why we teamed up to develop an innovative and effective youth development programme called ‘Aspire’.

Launched in 2015, thanks to seed funding received from The Warehouse Group's 2014 Suppliers Dinner and ongoing funding support from Warehouse Stationery, Aspire has helped more than 1000 young people develop the skills, confidence, knowledge and networks they need to successfully address challenges and achieve their goals.

From now until the end of July, donations from Warehouse Stationery customers will help support hundreds of at-risk teens who aspire to change their lives.

Find out more about the programme and how to donate here: www.thewarehousegroup.co.nz...

facebook.com/SalvationArmyNZFTS/videos/565216060674595/

Image
18 hours ago

Woman appeals for $20,000 to bring dog from Iran

Melanie Earley Reporter from Central Leader

Hi neighbours, a woman who has settled in New Zealand is appealing for Kiwis to donate $20,000 so she can bring her pet dog from the Middle East.
Read the story below:

(Please type NFP if your comment is not for print)

stuff.co.nz/travel/114136672/woman-appeals-for-20000-to-bring-pet-dog-with-her-from-iran

Image