Talking to a family member about care can be difficult. To help start a conversation, you’re invited to visit our Open Day this Sunday.
This is a chance for you, and your family members, to experience the feeling of community at Ryman Care, first-hand.
POSTING ON BEHALF OF. PLEASE CONTACT FIONA NOT ME. CHEERS
Rescue kitten Felicity is available for adoption.
She is 10 weeks old and has been desexed.
She has a lovely nature and now needs a lovely home.
The adoption cost is $60 to help cover the cost of her rescue.
Please phone Fiona on 021742769 if you would like to know more about little Felicity.
In Term 3 we've got loads of brand new courses coming to Epsom Community Centre including Everyday English which is our first ESOL / General English class!
Do you know someone who would like to develop their English skills with an experienced teacher in a supportive and friendly environment?
Our Everyday English class will focus on speaking, listening, improving pronunciation and interacting with others. Students will also learn more about living in NZ and Kiwi life such as making doctor's appointments, getting a Warrant of Fitness on your car, local news and more!
⏰ Weekly on Fridays, 12.30-2.30pm
🗓️ 9-week course starting 24 July
📍 Epsom Community Centre, 202 Gillies Ave, Epsom
💵 Cost: $160 for the full term
🧑🏫 Tutor: Vaana Langdon
➡️ More info? www.epsom-community-centre.org.nz...
➡️ Ready to enrol? enrolmy.com...
➡️ Want to see our full programme? f03b9daf-7f11-4f1b-89a6-acf62b62789c.filesusr.com...
Vector has released a weather warning with possible widespread power cuts and strong winds in the next 24-36hrs.
Please all remember to keep safe and vigilant! If you experience a power cut you can monitor the restoration progress here:
Steps you can take to be prepared:
- Always stay away from fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment.
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can cause damage to power lines.
- Avoid possible damage to electrical appliances (in the unlikely event there is a power surge when the power is restored) by switching off appliances at the wall.
- Keep a torch and spare batteries handy and ensure that you have at least one telephone that does not rely on electricity for operation.
- Ensure that an alternate fuel is always available for cooking (e.g. gas for BBQ). If you have an electric garage door, prepare how you can gain entry to the garage another way so you have access to your vehicle.
- Tie down objects on your property that may be impacted by strong winds (ie: trampolines, BBQs and BBQ covers).
- If you are on tank water please ensure you have plenty of bottled water available.
- If life or property is at risk, call 111.