Kia ora neighbours,
Kāinga Ora has admitted it let one of its tenants down after she was forced to live in a car with her young son due to black mould in her home.
The tenant, who has name suppression, took the housing provider to the Tenancy Tribunal, claiming the house she lived in caused both her and her son to become sick.
She said she had no health issues before moving into the house on Harry Ward Place in West Auckland’s Henderson.
During the tenancy, she developed a runny nose, itchy eyes, cough, rash on her arms and legs, impetigo, skin infections and likely upper respiratory infections.
The tenant said her son, who was 3 at the time, was also hospitalised for a respiratory infection.
Click 'read more' for the full story.
We are throwing our support behind Auckland City Mission’s ‘Auckland Angels’ appeal, helping to ensure Aucklanders in greatest need can celebrate Christmas after a particularly tough year.
ℹ️ Click on Read More to find out more about:
🟢 How to donate
🟢 What is needed
🟢 Gift ideas
Has the pandemic made you shop more locally? Do you feel like you can rely on your community?
Let us know in our State of the Neighbourhood survey and you could win 1 of 10 $100 Prezzy cards.
Kia ora neighbours, Who isn't keen to put 107 days of Covid-19 Alert Level 3 and 4 behind us? But there are some important lessons to remember as we move on. Read the story below?