All regions in New Zealand, except for the Auckland region, will move to Alert Level 2 at 12 noon on Wednesday 12 August 2020
• Keep your distance from other people in public.
• Wash your hands.
• Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
• Keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
wear a mask if you can.
• If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
• If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline and get advice about being tested.
• If you have been told to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
• All aged care facilities will close their doors to everyone but staff from noon today.
• For real time news updates visit Stuff
Good news – 2021 is set to be the year of the long weekend.
Five out of 10 public holidays will be Mondayised (or Tuesdayised in one case) next year, which means if you work a standard Monday to Friday week, you can look forward to some extended breaks.
In fact, once you’ve tacked on the weekends, you’ll end up getting a whopping 25 days off out of those 10 stat days, plus your region’s anniversary day.
To find out how to get the most out of your annual leave next year, click here.
In this week’s issue we say avocados are the fruit we all long to grow. It’s time to plant salad greens in containers, inspire junior gardeners, turn lawns into new garden beds and repot and feed hippeastrums.
We list 10 trees to plant to attract birds to your garden for shelter and a year-round food supply. Plus go in the draw for fertiliser and soil enhancer from Fodda and there’s another chance to win Mr Fothergill’s ultimate garden pack.
Delivered every Friday to your email inbox, Get Growing digital magazine offers seasonal gardening advice from the NZ Gardener magazine's team of experts. Each week we answer all your burning questions on raising fruit and veges and tell you the top tasks to do in your backyard this weekend. Subscribe here:
What is double glazing? We’ve put together some information that might help you with your research if you're considering getting retrofit double glazing click here to read. If you’re interested, we offer a free no obligation quote click here or call us on 0800 658 658.