Hey neighbours, is it time to get your finances in order? If lockdown has focused your mind on the state of your bank account, we’re here to help.
Stuff has launched MoneyIQ, an eight-week email course that will give you all the basics you need to get your money sorted and start working towards a brighter, richer future. You can sign up for free here.
You’ve built a life around the things and people that matter most. Updating your will is your opportunity to make sure the people and things you love are looked after when you pass away. It’s easy to update your will with Public Trust and we’ll help you answer important questions like…. Read our latest blog about it at the link below.
• The fleece of sheep has been used to make human clothing since the Stone Age.
• Wool flourishes where there is rain and sunshine. These two elements sustain the grassy fields that sheep graze on. Shearers shave off the wool every year before the weather gets too hot. Wool is the ultimate renewable fibre.
• Wool from about 61 sheep extend all the way from the earth to the moon.
• Wool may be made from mixtures of hair from sheep, alpaca, llama, camel, cashmere, mohair, angora, vicuna, yak, guanaco, beaver or otter. No animals are harmed in the harvesting of wool.
• Wool is flame-resistant. It will not melt and stick to your skin like synthetic fibres. Instead, wool will usually smoulder and extinguish itself when the source of the flame has been removed. The fibre of choice for casinos and airlines.
• The fastest recorded time to shear a sheep is 39.31 seconds by Hilton Barrett of Australia.
• Wool is composed of same protein that makes up the outer protective layer of your skin.
• Have you ever wondered why your wool socks withstand foot stench longer than cotton or synthetic socks? Wool is naturally mildew and mould resistant because it is a natural moisture repellent, MEANING LESS STINK. Wool also reduces dust mite activity (they do not like wool!).
• Over its lifetime, a sheep’s fleece will absorb approximately 30Kg of carbon dioxide.
Keep reading: www.curtainclean.co.nz...
The team at New Zealand Gardener has been hard at work creating their new Houseplant Special Edition - an essential compendium for anyone who's interested in growing their own houseplants.
You can also get ahead of the game with their 2022 Garden Diary. The pages are flooded with moon planting guides, a Māori lunar calendar, harvest recipes, garden DIYs, and garden fertiliser and pest deterrent recipes. A must for beginners and expert gardeners alike.
Enter the code 'SPECIAL' at checkout and save 25% off RRP