Tegel has issued a recall for one of its products after gluten was detected in one of their gluten-free products.
In a statement, the Ministry for Primary Industries said that the recall only affected a specific batch of Gluten Free Classic Chicken Burgers and those with a gluten allergy or intolerance should not consume the product.
Here's what you need to know:
- The batch marking on the affected product is 81242, with a AUG 2022 best before date.
- The product is sold across New Zealand at the following supermarkets
Countdown: North and South Island
SuperValue: North Island
FreshChoice: North and South Island
New World: Balclutha
Pak'n Save: Upper North Island
Four Square: Upper North Island
Consumers with any questions are advised to contact Tegel Foods Limited on 0800 24 42 536.
Find more information on this recall by visiting the New Zealand Food Safety Website.
• The fleece of sheep has been used to make human clothing since the Stone Age.
• Wool flourishes where there is rain and sunshine. These two elements sustain the grassy fields that sheep graze on. Shearers shave off the wool every year before the weather gets too hot. Wool is the ultimate renewable fibre.
• Wool from about 61 sheep extend all the way from the earth to the moon.
• Wool may be made from mixtures of hair from sheep, alpaca, llama, camel, cashmere, mohair, angora, vicuna, yak, guanaco, beaver or otter. No animals are harmed in the harvesting of wool.
• Wool is flame-resistant. It will not melt and stick to your skin like synthetic fibres. Instead, wool will usually smoulder and extinguish itself when the source of the flame has been removed. The fibre of choice for casinos and airlines.
• The fastest recorded time to shear a sheep is 39.31 seconds by Hilton Barrett of Australia.
• Wool is composed of same protein that makes up the outer protective layer of your skin.
• Have you ever wondered why your wool socks withstand foot stench longer than cotton or synthetic socks? Wool is naturally mildew and mould resistant because it is a natural moisture repellent, MEANING LESS STINK. Wool also reduces dust mite activity (they do not like wool!).
• Over its lifetime, a sheep’s fleece will absorb approximately 30Kg of carbon dioxide.
Keep reading: www.curtainclean.co.nz...
The team at New Zealand Gardener has been hard at work creating their new Houseplant Special Edition - an essential compendium for anyone who's interested in growing their own houseplants.
You can also get ahead of the game with their 2022 Garden Diary. The pages are flooded with moon planting guides, a Māori lunar calendar, harvest recipes, garden DIYs, and garden fertiliser and pest deterrent recipes. A must for beginners and expert gardeners alike.
Enter the code 'SPECIAL' at checkout and save 25% off RRP
It's back! Nominations are now open for Resene's Colour Your Community 2021! Apply now for up to $1000 worth of paints, wood stains and products to spruce up an area in your 'hood.
You can submit a nomination on behalf of your organisation, business, or for your own community project - whether that is the paint for a new mural for your community hall, a graffiti clean up or refresh of a local playground.
We’ll also be selecting five winning entries plus asking members to vote in the People’s Choice Award!