Here's a wonderful opportunity to join us and neighbourhood building champion Jim Diers for two days in Nelson. We'll help you develop your community activation skills. Come along with others in your community – so that plans and projects you design in the workshop can be put into action. For more details and to register click on the link below.
NEW ROLE: 'Equipment Delivery/Collections Helper' at Hospice Marlborough
Make a difference in the lives of hospice patients and their families by helping hospice staff deliver equipment to patients living in the community, and picking it up when it is no longer required.
The Marlborough Hospice owns a van which helpers will use for deliveries/collections. This van has a lift in the back to enable equipment to be put in and taken out with minimum lifting involved. A reasonable level of physical fitness/strength is still required, however, as some items can be rather heavy.
Helpers will always work in pairs.
Deliveries/collections will generally take 1 - 2 hours. However, sometimes patients live outside the Blenheim area and this will extend the amount of time helpers are needed for.
There are no fixed times for this role. While staff try to keep deliveries and collections to Wednesdays and Fridays, this is an on-call role for which hospice staff will call volunteers when required. As such, volunteers can decline if they are not available for a particular delivery/collection.
Locations: mostly Blenheim are surrounding areas, but the Marlborough Hospice does service the entire Marlborough region so occasional trips to/from outlying areas such as the Sounds will be needed.
A full health and safety induction and training (including training on safe lifting) will be provided to all volunteers in this role. In addition, new helpers will be paired with more experienced helpers.
- Full and clean driver licence (no endorsements necessary).
- We're looking for friendly, empathic people with a reasonable level of physical fitness.
A Ministry of Justice background check is required for this role.
Apply online by clicking the read more button below.
Alternatively, send us a message, call 03 577 9388, email email@example.com, or book an appointment online via our main Facebook page.
We recently got the chance to have a chat with another fabulous local volunteer! Here's Chetan's story of what he does as a volunteer Shop Assistant at the Red Cross Shop in Blenheim, and why he gives his time in this way:
• What do you do when you volunteer? The day starts with an update from our manager, Coral and then I make a quick round through the shop and plan a new theme for a day or start rearranging the shop. The manager and my companion Freda give an idea about what's going on in Blenheim. So based on the customer's mentality, we arrange the shop and displays. We try to make the shop as attractive as possible.
• What is your favorite part? Making a new theme of the week, interacting with the customers, and helping them to get the right product. Another favorite part is reading books from the shelf when we have a bit of spare time. It’s a charity shop so people usually donate good books; we have an amazing collection!
• Why did you start volunteering? I was jobless due to the COVID19 lockdown. I’m a science-focussed person and it's important to me to do something fruitful so I decided to do a volunteering job to keep myself busy.
• What do you do when you are not volunteering? I enjoy photography and reading books from the shop.
• What would you say to someone who is thinking about starting volunteering? Anyone, especially youngsters with ample available time, should do some volunteer job as it joins us to the community and also helps to understand the community. For me, volunteering helped me to better understand Kiwi culture as I am Indian.
• Is there anything else you would like to add? I think volunteering helps me to keep my mental health during this tough time and it is a good way to socialize. I’m thankful to get an opportunity to work with the Red Cross!
Chetan found his volunteer role at the Red Cross Shop as well as another volunteer role at Rural Youth and Adult Literacy Trust via our website. If you are feeling inspired by Chetan's story, you can check out all available roles by clicking the 'read more' button below.
Alternatively, call 03 577 9388, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or book an appointment online via our main Facebook page.
Located in the heart of Nelson, Green Gables is our newest offering for luxury Care Suite living. Thoughtfully designed to provide Rest Home & Hospital care with all the comforts of home, you can relax knowing that you won’t have to move again, even if your needs increase.
Green Gables is now open and ready to move into, so call to book a viewing today on 0800 333 688.
Green Gables is located at 241 Bridge Street, The Wood, Nelson.