From Monday 9 December to Sunday 15 December, it’s ‘Shop Local Week’, where we’re asking readers to rally behind their local businesses. They’re the heart of communities, and as we’re heading into Christmas, it’s the perfect time to do a spot of shopping!
We’ve partnered with 2degrees, which is offering a $20,000 media spend package for a business in the Waikato to put towards promoting themselves. Nominate your favourite local retailer or let them know they can nominate themselves through this link.
Let’s support our communities and get behind our awesome local businesses!
We all have a favourite business - where the people are super friendly, the goods or services top notch, the deals great, or we appreciate the sponsorship they give to the town.
The most valuable contribution of small businesses, is the community spirit they foster. They set up shop where they see potential for their vision to flourish, and we want to celebrate that.
Tell us who your fave business is and why, and you could win a $50 Prezzy card just in time for Christmas! Comment below!
Water-saving tips to help you reduce your water use
- Water early morning or late evening to prevent 70% of water evaporating.
- Give your plants a good long soak twice a week rather than a short daily water. You will encourage deeper, healthier roots.
- Use a digital water timer with a rain sensor– it switches on only when needed.
- Use a cover to prevent evaporation and keep the water warm
- Keep your pool clean, wipe your feet before you jump in.
Play your part. We value wai in the Waikato.
For more water saving tips visit www.smartwater.org.nz/tips
I’m in need of recommendations for a multi-skilled handyman that takes pride in their work.
Thanks in advance for your help