The Government has thrown $124 million at reducing the country’s growing waste pile, but not everyone agrees that’s enough.
Local Government NZ says the funding should be matched with a “strategic waste plan”, with the goal for New Zealand to be able to process its own waste onshore.
In the last decade, the amount of waste at council landfills has increased by 48 per cent.
To read more, click here.
13.4% Yes, more money and time is better spent elsewhere13.4% Complete
86.6% No, NZ's waste and recycling system needs more focus86.6% Complete
New event date to be advised.
We will be closing our New Zealand care centres to all visitors from 10am on Wednesday August 12 following the re-emergence of COVID-19 in the community in Auckland, and Level 2 Alert level in the remainder of New Zealand.
All regions in New Zealand, except for the Auckland region, will move to Alert Level 2 at 12 noon on Wednesday 12 August 2020
• Keep your distance from other people in public.
• Wash your hands.
• Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
• Keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
wear a mask if you can.
• If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
• If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline and get advice about being tested.
• If you have been told to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
• All aged care facilities will close their doors to everyone but staff from noon today.
• For real time news updates visit Stuff