68 days ago

Boarding for dog

Helen from Tamatea

Hi everyone, I'm looking for someone to house my dog lab x almost a year old lives outside i will pay for food and walk the dog not sure for how long trying to find another home for us hope someone can help

More messages from your neighbours
1 day ago

Look out for your older neighbours Hawkes Bay!

The Team from Neighbourly.co.nz

The discovery of the bodies of two elderly men in their homes weeks after they died has prompted Hawke's Bay police to encourage residents to keep an eye on their elderly neighbours.

Detective Mike Signal said the men had been found in their Napier homes in two separate incidents over the past two months. "It's hard to tell how long they had been dead for, but it's looking like 10 days to two weeks," Signal said.

If you have an older neighbour you may be able to play a key role in making their lives a little easier. In doing this, you could provide some valuable help where it is needed and you might also make a new friend.

· Ask - If your neighbour is an older person, there may be relatively simple tasks that they are no longer able to do. Don't be shy, approach them and ask if there's anything they need help with.

· Reading the signs - If you have not seen your neighbour for a while, pay particular attention to some simple signs. Do the lights come on at night? Do the curtains get drawn? Is the garden tended? If you have any reason to suspect that your neighbour might be in need of help, knock on the door to check they are okay.

· Follow up - If you are concerned for your neighbour's wellbeing, or suspect that they may not be able to look after themselves, ask them if they are okay. If you suspect that they need help but they are unresponsive to your offers then seek advice from Police or Age Concern.

8 hours ago

Planning on hitting the water this weekend? ⛵💦

The Team from Neighbourhood Support New Zealand

Kia ora water-lovers!

Here are some tips to make sure you and your loved ones are well prepared and stay safe:

1. Check the marine weather forecast before you go out, it could save your life! 58% of boaties already check it. We want the other 42% to make it a habit. MetService New Zealand's Marine App makes it easy.

2. Tests your life jackets. Pull hard on the straps and see if any of them stretch or rip. Check all over for any existing tears in the straps and any cuts or punctures in the life jacket. If yes, do not use the life jacket, dispose of it, and replace it. Always check if it floats before putting them on. Keep in mind kapok life jackets should not be used as they can absorb water and sink, their cotton straps also easily rip! Burn them or bin them, but whatever you do - don't use or resell them.

3. For this year's Safer Boating Week, boaties are being reminded to “Prep, Check, Know” - prepare your boat, check your gear and know the rules before going on the water.

Let's put in the time and effort to make sure there are NO water related accidents or deaths this Labour Day long-weekend! Don't forget to look out for each other and report any concerns you have to local authorities.



1 day ago