Movember is an opportunity for men to ditch their razors and grow a moustache to raise money and awareness about men's health. The funds raised each year go towards programmes targeted at prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
Are you currently taking part in Movember? If so, we'd love to see pics of your 'stache! Share in the comments!
Auckland and Waitakere already have the courts, now Justice Minister Andrew Little has announced one for Hamilton.
"It's not like any court you have ever experienced before," Alcohol and Drug Community Support Trust director Stephen King has previously said. "It's almost like a quasi therapy, but it does have the power of the district court judge there."
Did you know about the Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment court? Read more here. What do you think?
The lineup for this summer's arts festival was revealed at a special gathering at Turtle Lake on Wednesday night.
There are more than 50 performances ranging from opera to immersive theatre to K-pop and many other forms of artistic expression.
The performance venue list has also expanded. It will now include the Meteor and Clarence Street theatres, Garden Place and Victoria On The River.
What do you think of the festival lineup?
Read all the details here.
20% Yes20% Complete
49.3% No49.3% Complete
30.7% Still not sure30.7% Complete
An article I read in the local news today was headlined 'raising a future Eco-warrior', talking about parents raising their kids to be climate change activists.
Anyone see the problem with that? In case you don't, let me wax lyrical here for a bit.
1. Climate change is nonsense; none of the 'scientific research' the proponents recite has ever been published in a refereed scientific journal, nor has any of it survived international peer review.
2. There is no reliable, established metric for measuring this claim and no testing protocols that can be confirmed by independent sources.
3. The so called 'climate deniers' counter argument has some rather heavyweight contributors; most notably Dr Ivar Giaever, the winner of the 1973 Nobel Prize for Physics, who said "climate change is nothing but pseudo-science".
4. "Reduction of CO2 emissions" - CO2 is a harmless natural gas that is essential for life on this planet; plants cannot survive without it and the current levels in the atmosphere (300-400 ppm) are close to a starvation diet for vegetation. The less CO2 they get, the less Oxygen they produce.
4. The self-appointed leaders and spokespeople of this doomsayers cult have admitted openly that their ambitions have little to do with climate change:
"The climate crisis is not just about the environment. It's a crisis of human rights, of justice and of political will. Colonial, racist and Patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all."
- Greta Thunberg, the know-nothing brat currently being touted as an expert on the matter.
Notice the use of incredibly nebulous terms such as 'Patriachal'. 'Patriarchy' being the fictional, all-male secret society invented by militant feminists in attempt to lend credence to their 'us and them' mentality.
If only Greta were a lone, crazy loud mouth. She is not. The proponents themselves repeat all the same neo-Marxist talking points: the 'evil' of capitalism, wealth redistribution, insane taxes inflicted on the wealthy etc. ergo obviously the movement is Socialism is disguise.
Do your own thinking and DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.