Hi. does anyone have a small red carpet or red rug either going cheaply, free or to borrow.
Hoping to get one before Tues 24th.
I'm running the meeting at my toastmasters club (at Western community center in Nawton) and my theme is an Awards ceremony type meeting.
As hopefully all attending members will be glammed up (dressed in their best) I want members and any guests to get the red carpet treatment by having a small carpet or rug at the main door upon entry whereby nibbles and soft drinks will be available.
If anyone else has one available please contact me on 0273901487. Will want preferably by Monday 23rd.
As only needed for a brief period willing to buy if offered for a really very cheap price but hopefully someone has 1 I can borrow or for free.
PS people genuinely interested in toastmasters are welcome to attend. Meeting starts at 7.15.
Jazarlia can take care of your sewing needs including, dressmaking/alterations, curtaining, cushions etc
We also design and make quality pillow slips for King/Queen/Tri Pillows and more.
An article I read in the local news today was headlined 'raising a future Eco-warrior', talking about parents raising their kids to be climate change activists.
Anyone see the problem with that? In case you don't, let me wax lyrical here for a bit.
1. Climate change is nonsense; none of the 'scientific research' the proponents recite has ever been published in a refereed scientific journal, nor has any of it survived international peer review.
2. There is no reliable, established metric for measuring this claim and no testing protocols that can be confirmed by independent sources.
3. The so called 'climate deniers' counter argument has some rather heavyweight contributors; most notably Dr Ivar Giaever, the winner of the 1973 Nobel Prize for Physics, who said "climate change is nothing but pseudo-science".
4. "Reduction of CO2 emissions" - CO2 is a harmless natural gas that is essential for life on this planet; plants cannot survive without it and the current levels in the atmosphere (300-400 ppm) are close to a starvation diet for vegetation. The less CO2 they get, the less Oxygen they produce.
4. The self-appointed leaders and spokespeople of this doomsayers cult have admitted openly that their ambitions have little to do with climate change:
"The climate crisis is not just about the environment. It's a crisis of human rights, of justice and of political will. Colonial, racist and Patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all."
- Greta Thunberg, the know-nothing brat currently being touted as an expert on the matter.
Notice the use of incredibly nebulous terms such as 'Patriachal'. 'Patriarchy' being the fictional, all-male secret society invented by militant feminists in attempt to lend credence to their 'us and them' mentality.
If only Greta were a lone, crazy loud mouth. She is not. The proponents themselves repeat all the same neo-Marxist talking points: the 'evil' of capitalism, wealth redistribution, insane taxes inflicted on the wealthy etc. ergo obviously the movement is Socialism is disguise.
Do your own thinking and DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.