“Wouldn’t it be great if there was a central directory of locally-made, ethically-produced and upcycled gift ideas?
Well, hold the phone - Makers & Local by Ecomailbox have done exactly this, and it’s EPIC! There’s gifts broken into categories, DIY ideas, an eco advent calendar, social enterprises to support, low-waste gift wrapping inspo, and even gorgeous must-see beaches to explore over summer.
Plus 24 of NZ’s eco bloggers have shared their tips for a Merry Mindful Christmas. From great crafty activities, DIY gifts & acts of kindness to celebrate the festive month of December more mindfully and sustainably.
Read more in the Makers & Local guide now.
So, why should you pre-plan and/or pre-pay your funeral?
● Peace of mind – relieves some of the stress for those left behind, as you have left a plan of what you want. Provides information and answers to questions asked.
● Financial security – eases the burden for your family. Currently, $10,000 (held in a funeral plan) is exempt from rest home asset testing.
● Personalisation - your wishes are known. You can record your specific preferences for your meaningful funeral, to be celebrated as you want to be remembered.
● You have control until the end – taking care of your funeral arrangements is a thoughtful and caring thing to do for your family.
● Provides comfort to others – a meaningful funeral is an important event for your family and friends. It brings a sense of closure and enables your family to begin the healing process.
From preplanning and/or prearranging of funerals, to looking after you when your loved one dies, through to designing and organising of memorials, the team at Avenal Park Funeral Home are here for you.
For more information, or to discuss prearranging and preplanning your funeral, contact Nigel, Donna, Chris or Mel at Avenal Park Funeral Home on 03 218 9021 or visit us at 75 Fox Street, Invercargill.
Get organised with these handy storage ideas for the office or kids’ corner.
Create a colourful geometric-inspired space with your favourite Resene colours.
Make the most of this weekend with this easy step by step project idea from Resene.
Find out how to create this quick and easy project yourself
Hi Neighbours, we are looking into teenagers' internet habits and keen to hear your experiences of your children's use of the interweb. We'd like to know, has your teenager skipped meals in order to spend time on the internet?
41.3% Yes41.3% Complete
55.2% No55.2% Complete
3.6% I'm not sure3.6% Complete