There seems to be an awful lot of negativity from the other side of Christchurch bringing with it wrong information.
For those unable to search for the truth on the website, here is a few simple answers for you.
1. The cost for visitors - outside Christchurch and/or foreign is $18.00
2. The cost for a Christchurch resident is $14.00
3. The cost for a Gold card or Community card holder is $10.00
4. The current Alert level allows only 50 people at a time, so your time limit is 2 hours
5. When everything returns to some normality there probably will not be this time limit
6. The pools are small yes, if comparing to elsewhere, but New Brighton is not elsewhere - these pools are here not there.
7. There is a sauna, a steam room and a plunge pool as well as 4 other good sized pools and there is a disabled hoist. And soon the cafe will be open too.
8. The easterly is the same one that crosses the whole city, the boundary fences have been built to minimise the wind
9.The surrounding street upgrade and the new free childrens playground next door enhances the foreshore along with the pool complex.
10. The new clock tower (still awaiting hands so is really not a clock yet but is still a tower) has had a facelift and is the gateway to the pier.
11. In the evening as the sun sets, and the sea is calm, and the breeze is just a breeze, and the pier is lit up, there is no better view.
12. Yes, the business area certainly is not as it could be, but it will be one day - there are some amazing coffee and food options and other hidden gems in amongst that rubble and all are worth exploring - not to mention some of the best murals in the city.
13. I suggest those who think NB is a dump, needs to look with different eyes, perhaps you haven't been here for a while, perhaps your impression is someones else's perception, not yours - come on down and see for yourself.
But before you do come, go online, you may as well book a slot at the pools while you are here eh? www.hepunataimoana.co.nz...
Email says its from NZTA. Registration expiring soon...
The web site it directs you too , looks very convincing.. Except the address is an attempt at a fake Govt one.
Please be warned people.
If you wish to use their site.. go directly there.. not via a link in an email.
While scrolling down notice board I get two one second black flashes at different points. Has anyone else experienced this.
Christchurch has 1000km of roads in need of resurfacing. City councillors want the work done quicker.