Shirley Playcentre provides a unique environment for children to learn alongside the teachers that know them best, their own parents, who stay and play on session. Parents are supported to attend free parenting, childhood development & early childhood education courses run by Playcentre Aotearoa.
We employ coordinators with higher levels of ECE training to support these parents in their roles as educators and to ensure we are able to provide a rich learning environment for the children in our community. As many families at our centre do not have family support networks locally, our centre becomes their village.
Our current playground equipment is outdated, in need of maintenance to meet our health and safety and licencing requirements, they take up a large area which does not allow the space to be utilised to the best standard and is not suitable for the smaller members of our centre to use.
Shirley Playcentre have been working hard to fundraise to create a natural sensory path for our children to explore and would like to be able to purchase new playground equipment that would reflect the open-ended play that we are trying to achieve with our sensory path. Ideally, we would like Tredsafe boxes which can be used as hideaways, for jumping, climbing, balancing and have the versatility for us to regularly move around to create new environments, giving the children opportunities to test not only their physical abilities but also creativity, imagination and problem-solving skills. Child-led play is at the core of Playcentre philosophy and these offer the flexibility for the children to work together with other children and with the support of adults to reconfigure the equipment how they want. This flexibility also allows us to set it up in different configurations to suit all ranges of physical abilities of the children on session that day.
Feel free to call us 03-980 0576 or check out www.playcentre.org.nz... if you want to find out more how Playcentre operates as a non-profit whānau-run cooperative.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, we are very excited about the future for our outdoor space and we hope you vote for us. We have attached a photo of our current playground along with 2 set ups similar to what we would like to get.
Just curious does anyone else receive calls from STATISTICS NZ every 3 months. They ask questions about jobs, income etc.
GUIDED DEADLINE SALE. OFFERS OVER $375,000. OFFERS CLOSE WED 12TH SEPT. NOT SELLING PRIOR.
* First home buyers rejoice! Permanent material, low maintenance renovated home with open plan living built for the sun. Read on...
* Family friendly, light and bright with open plan living flows to north facing entertainer's deck. Bonus opportunity for office nook. Year round comfort assured with heat pump.
* Upgraded kitchen sited at the heart of the home whilst providing induction hob, pantry, dishwasher together with generous storage and preparation space.
* From the kitchen you can keep an eye on everyone in the living area as well as surprisingly generous secure rear yard - opportunity to create fantastic memories of family fun!
* Renovations include new carpet, double glazing (except bathroom) LED lighting in living areas, mains pressure 300 litre cylinder.
* Three family sized bedrooms with wardrobes will delight everyone.
* Be the envy of your friends with a luxury bathroom with huge freestanding bath, floor mounted taps, massive walk in shower. This is far beyond the norm at this budget. Added convenience of a separate toilet.
* Generous in house tiled laundry with greatly sought after storage.
* Double garage and plenty of off street parking complete the picture.
* Luxuriate in the sun on the north facing deck while you enjoy your established, easy care, secure 857sqm garden all set at end of quiet cul de sac- great for pets or to encourage future sports stars to get outside!
For further info on this property copy & paste this link:
* You could be along time finding as good a property as this at this price point.
Please be aware that this info may have been sourced from third parties including Core Logic,LINZ,CCC,CERA, owners & other sources & we have not been able to independently verify the accuracy of the same.Land & Floor area measurements are approximate & boundary lines as indicative only
Fun fact… it’s 537 steps up Baldwin Street in Dunedin – that means you’d have to walk up it almost 19 times to get 10,000 steps! Thanks to Hannah, our legendary Community Fundraising Coordinator for stepping up to the challenge.
We still have plenty of New Zealand Red Cross Cups to give away. All you need to do is sign up to Red Cross Journey, be one of the first 100 participants to raise $100 and we’ll send you a KeepCup!
Red Cross Journey is our annual fundraising step challenge - with a difference. Walk 10,000 steps a day for 21 days and learn about the journey of someone involved with Red Cross while raising funds to help people in need.
For more information or to make a donation, visit: www.redcrossjourney.org.nz...
Thank you for your support.