Rotorua MP Todd McClay has called on the Government to make Covid-19 tests available for everyone in the tourist town.
McClay made the call in the wake of news two members from a South Auckland family who tested positive for Covid-19 visited Rotorua last weekend.
The person visited a number a tourist facilities in Rotorua. The Ministry of Health is tracing these movements and working on locations visited by this person.
Covid-19 testing is currently available in Rotorua at the former Holmes Packaging site on Vaughan Road. It will operate as a drive-through facility and is open until 4pm on Wedneday for anyone with symptoms of Covid-19.
For more information on contact tracing and where to get tested in Rotorua, click here.
On Tuesday night, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced there were four new Covid-19 cases in the community.
Auckland moved into level 3 at midday on Wednesday, and the rest of the country into level 2.
Kiwis outside of Auckland can still continue to go to work and school, with physical distancing, and are advised to wear masks in public.
Businesses can open to the public if they are following public health guidance, which includes physical distancing and record keeping.
In terms of gatherings, New Zealanders must not travel to events with more than 100 people. This includes weddings, birthdays, funerals and tangihanga.
The Government advises all Kiwis to practise good hygiene and stay home if sick.
For more information on what the different alert levels mean for you, click here.
All regions in New Zealand, except for the Auckland region, will move to Alert Level 2 at 12 noon on Wednesday 12 August 2020.
• Keep your distance from other people in public.
• Wash your hands.
• Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
• Keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
wear a mask if you can.
• If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
• If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline and get advice about being tested.
• If you have been told to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
• All aged care facilities will close their doors to everyone but staff from noon today.
• For real time news updates visit Stuff