Here's a great dish to make the most of asparagus when they're at their best.
20 Asparagus, spears (5-6 asparagus spears per person)
½ tsp Sugar
½ tsp Salt
½ cup Mayonnaise
50 g Parmigiano cheese, grated
1. Snap off the asparagus ends or peel the last 2-3 centimetres.
2. Heat a pot of water to blanch the asparagus.
3. Add salt and sugar to the water — this helps heighten the green colour of the asparagus.
4. When water reaches a rolling boil, add the asparagus. Cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Drain in a sink with cold running water and ice if you have it.
6. Remove from the water when cool and drain and place on a serving plate.
7. Combine the parmigiano and mayonnaise and pour over the asparagus.
8. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
For the Mayonnaise recipe follow the link below!
Hi Neighbours, Auckland Council is looking to reduce the number of ratepayer funded carparks enjoyed by senior managers. It's down from 77 to 49. Is the council right to consider offering ATHOP cards instead? Read the story below:
Hi Neighbours, motorists running through red traffic lights create some of the highest death and injury risks. Auckland Transport's roll-out of cameras is making a difference, but do you think penalties are tough enough ? Read the story below: